Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
leicesterlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

I want to change my sky viewing card so i can watch in separate room

HI

I have just come back to BT from sky talk. I placed my order and the lady on live chat told me i had to enter my viewing card number of my main sky box to get BT sport on sky.

I did this and within minutes I had BT sport in HD on the main room.

I told the lady on live chat that I wanted the BT sport on my 2nd box and not the main one. She said this is fine and all I do is call BT when I have placed my order.

I called today and got put through to a call centre in India or the likes. The guy at the other end said I just have to swap my viewing cards over. If you have Sky you know you cant do this as the cards are paired to the boxes.

I explained this to him and he said the only way is that or to cancel my order and start again this time entering the viewing card number of my 2nd box. 

I explained this is all I wanted as he was trying to get me to buy a multi room subscription.

Is there an easy way to do this? HELP 🙂

Thank you.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: I want to change my sky viewing card so i can watch in separate room

Well

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47968/c/6401,6575,6575

says 

How do I change the card I watch BT Sport on?

If you're watching on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform, you can do this online at www.bt.com/sport/swapcard or by calling us on 0800 800 150.

0 Ratings
leicesterlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Going to the web sites says I have to call. When I called I go the above answer?
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 7

You can go online follow the link.

If you're watching on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform, you can do this online at www.bt.com/sport/swapcard or by calling us on 0800 800 150.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I've literally just done this and is very simple,took 2 min to do on my phone and when when I pressed confirm it came onto new card instantly.

My question is does anyone know how many times I can swap boxes and if I can swap to a box outside my home address,say a friends box?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

you cannot change to boxes outside - need to be registered to you at your address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Andywils69
Message 7 of 7

I got BT sport transferred to a second box about 3 weeks ago free of charge.

Thing is, it's now on that box but it hasn't disappeared from the first box so I have it on 2.

0 Ratings