SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

What version of Android have you got

Can you log in to the App
YES

Are you using Wi-Fi or 3G
WIFI

Can you not watch anything at all or can you watch, but with problems
NOTHING ON ANY BT SPORT CHANNEL.

Error VC013 is coming up when trying to watch ice hockey on BT Sport ESPN. I tested the other 3 channels and they're all the same.

Internet is fine, Netflix, Youtube, browser etc all working fine. I've logged out & back in, restarted app, restarted phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still no joy.

Highly frustrating. There's barely ever any ice hockey on BT and now that there is I can't get watching it.
0 Ratings
Alibally13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 272 of 285

Re: If you're using Android and can't watch BT Sport then post here

I got a hisense sero 8 tablet as a backup and it's on 4.4. It was very cheap and it's fine for basic stuff. I tried to install the BT sport app and it says it's not compatible even though is above the 4.3 cut off.  

I managed to get hold of a copy of the app though a third party website, which I know isn't recommended but it did install and worked but the when it was upon full screen it was a bit jittery, but watchable. 

It might be that the internal memory or processor speed, not just the software version may have a bearing in wether it is compatable or not but YouTube, etc etc work ok full screen no problem. 

Its very frustrating BT. 

0 Ratings
DanRSturbo
Contributor
Message 273 of 285

I have an Asus Zenpad 10 and the app works, it's just watching the video is terrible, it's ok whilst it's pixelated, then once it's buffered it's really stuttery 😞 This is the tablet on top of the tv stand, you can see the HH5 below on infinity option 2, download speed is 6.3 meg a second. 

Tablet.jpg

Youtube video of the quaity of playback. Filmed on a samsung galaxy S6 edge which works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S56nODp_YiE

20160408_114113.jpg20160408_114041.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 274 of 285

@DanRSturbo  I believe you have posted on what appear to be similar playback isues on that asus zenpad with sports streaming on sky go and indeed there seems to be issues reported on the sky community forum running from december through to now  with this device. Not sure if there are Asus  support formus or community around but may be worth seeing if there is any knowledge or fixes out there.

0 Ratings
FredBloggs60
Beginner
Message 275 of 285

What device(s) are you using
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini

What version of Android have you got
S2: Android 4.1.2
S3 mini: Android 4.1.2

Can you log in to the App
S2: No It was running perfectly until upgraded. Now says device not compatible.
S3 mini: Same

Are you using Wi-Fi or 3G
Both

Can you not watch anything at all or can you watch, but with problems
App was running perfectly until I upgraded.
After upgrading app stated device is no longer compatible. There was now warning that upgrade would disable the app.
BTW the older apk still works on unupgraded S2.
Can you tell me where to find and download an older official apk which still has all the BT sign in requirements.
DanRSturbo
Contributor
Message 276 of 285

App has updated to 2.14.0 and works fine now 🙂
dazpom
Message 277 of 285

CELLO tablet T1144
New Customer & unable to download app because it says device "isn't compatible" ??
Tablet running Android 4.4.2 but app only requires 4.3 onwards??
Excellent Wi-Fi
Please advise??

0 Ratings
Lucastavrou
Beginner
Message 278 of 285

Having the same issue as @DanRSturbo 

did you manage to find a solution yet?

I'm Using multiple android devices and getting a really annoying issue.

When the stream hasn't cleared up yet and is all blurry/pixelated, it seems to be smooth even though you can't really see anything. Then once the stream turns to HD, it suddenly becomes jerky and stutters non stop. 

I am running Android 6 and am getting around 70-80MBps on a fibre line. The device isn't slowing and i have run cpu monitors to make sure of that. The only issue seems to be the app istelf. 

Everyone i speak to at BT says they either aren't an expert and can't help...or they just don't respond

Does anyone know if there is a way to trick the browser into not knowing you're on an android device and then being able to watch the stream through their website rather than the app?

0 Ratings
Mickey1888
Message 279 of 285

Using Nvidia Shield TV android 7.0, sports app and TV app won't install. So it's not just old versions of Android
0 Ratings
AndrewHall21
Beginner
Message 280 of 285

Getting VC011 error on Moto G4 Android 7, won't work over Wifi, but streams on EE mobile data?
0 Ratings