Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: In the middle of a contract

@tellboy wrote:
@MJH62 wrote:

This is not correct. Firstly, you will find that there is no contractual obligation for BT to continue to provide ESPN via DTT.

How do you know that? Link please?

Secondly, BT has clearly announced that ESPN will no longer be available via DTT from 1 August and will only be accessible via the on-line App for those in non-Infinity areas or who can access via the Sky platform.

Link please?

I have the letter from BT addressed personally to me and it does not say that. They have a contract with me and they have not addressed the contractual situation with me. Announcements on their website are not a valid method of varying the contract they have with me. The letter does not mention the 1 August 2013 it says "SOON". That is not good enough to change a contract. I am sure they will write to me again "SOON" to advise me of the actual date. The letter is clearly a frightener to get you to change to Infinity. Clearly ESPN via. DTT is going but "WHEN" is the question for existing subscribers. For new subscribers or those that sign up for Infinity the date may be different.

Finally, BT is not moving any football from ESPN to BT. ESPN lost its Premiership football rights wef the end of this season and BT won rights wef next season. This happened before ESPN UK was bought out by BT. ESPN will continue to show FA Cup football under its existing contract with the FA, alongside ITV.

What about all the other football? I did not refer to the premier league I said some football. 

Please provide a list by league detailing what is on BTSports and what is on ESPN and provide BT Links that confirm it.

Your response is, quite frankly, preposterous and unnecessarily aggressive. You have posted your views and asked numerous questions on this board and been provided with detailed responses by me and others, yet it seems that you take little notice of the advice you are given and then re-hash the same points over and over again. I, for one, will not be bothering helping you or responding to any more of your questions and I hope others take a similar line.

tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 14

MJH62 wrote:

tellboy wrote:
MJH62 wrote:

This is not correct. Firstly, you will find that there is no contractual obligation for BT to continue to provide ESPN via DTT.

How do you know that? Link please?

Secondly, BT has clearly announced that ESPN will no longer be available via DTT from 1 August and will only be accessible via the on-line App for those in non-Infinity areas or who can access via the Sky platform.

Link please?

I have the letter from BT addressed personally to me and it does not say that. They have a contract with me and they have not addressed the contractual situation with me. Announcements on their website are not a valid method of varying the contract they have with me. The letter does not mention the 1 August 2013 it says "SOON". That is not good enough to change a contract. I am sure they will write to me again "SOON" to advise me of the actual date. The letter is clearly a frightener to get you to change to Infinity. Clearly ESPN via. DTT is going but "WHEN" is the question for existing subscribers. For new subscribers or those that sign up for Infinity the date may be different.

Finally, BT is not moving any football from ESPN to BT. ESPN lost its Premiership football rights wef the end of this season and BT won rights wef next season. This happened before ESPN UK was bought out by BT. ESPN will continue to show FA Cup football under its existing contract with the FA, alongside ITV.

What about all the other football? I did not refer to the premier league I said some football

Please provide a list by league detailing what is on BTSports and what is on ESPN and provide BT Links that confirm it.

Your response is, quite frankly, preposterous and unnecessarily aggressive. You have posted your views and asked numerous questions on this board and been provided with detailed responses by me and others, yet it seems that you take little notice of the advice you are given and then re-hash the same points over and over again. I, for one, will not be bothering helping you or responding to any more of your questions and I hope others take a similar line.

Unfortunately people who take your line of "preposterous and unnecessarily aggressive" usually take that line because they do not know the answers to the questions raised. There is no "agressive" in any of my replies. In all cases I have politely asked for detail. Perhaps you are touchy because you can't provide the detail?

All I asked is that if you know the answers then provide the detail to justify those answers.

If you cannot then don't and perhaps someone who does know the answers with the detail will respond.

The answers you have provided have not got one jot of backup as to where the answers have come from.

Come on, please provide the detail?

All the best and please don't be so touchy, all I want is the detail and backup, I am also trying to make an informed not an  ill-informed decision.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 14

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I started?

As an aside, for anyone in the same position as me, there may be offers available out there to enable you to continue with any deal you are on. BT have got back to me with a very attractive offer which I'm now mulling over.

As a couple of the guys said here, get in contact with them, you never know what you may gain from it.

0 Ratings
tellboy
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

@robert1997 wrote:

Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have I started?

As an aside, for anyone in the same position as me, there may be offers available out there to enable you to continue with any deal you are on. BT have got back to me with a very attractive offer which I'm now mulling over.

As a couple of the guys said here, get in contact with them, you never know what you may gain from it.

You have not started anything, so no worries.

I have read a lot of posts on this forum about BTSport & ESPN and many of the answers are opinion, just that, nothing more or nothing less.

I have had the letter you have had and if you read it very closely there is no date given othern than sometime after 3 June 2013.

The 1st August may well be correct but until BT spell it out clearly and unambiguously then we will not know the answer.

I am talking about existing subscribers to SS1 & SS 2 & ESPN.

Out of interest here are the front and rear of the letter I received.

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

0 Ratings