cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Is HD with BT Sport mandatory?

Go to solution

This is the products list for my father's account (with regards to TV & BT Sport)

mispeltyuoth_0-1660226159731.png

He has a fairly old Panasonic TV that can only show in 720p definition and I'm sure that when we added BT Sport we wouldn't have added HD Extra - he has the old G4 box. However, it's been billed for over a year so he may have accidently added it. The problem now though, is that I can't seem to remove it. I went through (laughingly entitled 'Manage' process and it offered to add all sorts of things but didn't allow me remove HD Extra. Does this mean that HD Extra is mandatory if you have BT Sport? If so, why not just include it in the price?

Something else I noticed was the difference (£6 per month) in cost between what I pay for BT Sport and what he pays. Is this simply because BT are intent on ripping off everyone who doesn't ring them constantly to renegotiate?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Is HD with BT Sport mandatory?

Go to solution

@mispeltyuothwrote:

Does this mean that HD Extra is mandatory if you have BT Sport? If so, why not just include it in the price?

No, HD always was and still is an optional addon, it has a rolling 30 day term.

@mispeltyuothwrote:

Something else I noticed was the difference (£6 per month) in cost between what I pay for BT Sport and what he pays. Is this simply because BT are intent on ripping off everyone who doesn't ring them constantly to renegotiate?

Depends on the platform you view on, if you're out of contract you pay the standard price, discounts can be added if you negotiate and renew the minimum term.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@mispeltyuoth 

In My BT, click on Swap your package.

Then on the next screen click on Manage your add-ons.

You will then be able to switch the various add-ons (Including HD) off or on .

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@BillyM 

That doesn't work. This is the screen I get to

mispeltyuoth_0-1660306736885.png

as you can see, it says I have one add-on (Box Nation) and offers me lots more that I don't want. There's no HD Extra option showing

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@mispeltyuoth 

how strange, I have the Big Sport package and various add-ons (including Netflix and HD). When I go to the screen you go to, I get three sections. The top section has Netflix options, the middle section is similar to yours, and the bottom section (Boost your viewing experience) has the HD and 4K option to switch off and on. I would give BT a call. Hope you manage to sort it.

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 14.36.37.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

At a guess, I would suspect your father is on what we call a "backbook" account - i.e. a legacy subscription package. You may need to move to a frontbook (i.e. current) package to make changes to it.  Give the helpdesk a call and they'll be able to tell you your options.

p.s. @mispeltyuoth love the username 😂

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks @DarrenDev. That seems quite likely. What started this whole saga was him asking about different options for BT Sport, etc. o I'll check things out with the help desk.

0 Ratings