cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Its almost footy season again

Go to solution

Hi all,

In my spare time I really enjoy the novelty sport played by Liverpool FC (you may recognise it as football) and can't wait for the new season. I'm seriously considering getting a new UHD TV but am having a few problems convincing the wife it's worthwile, as opposed to a new kitchen appliance. My question is do any of you lovely peeps have any ideas on how to broach such a delicate subject? 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Its almost footy season again

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

Hi all,

In my spare time I really enjoy the novelty sport played by Liverpool FC (you may recognise it as football) and can't wait for the new season. I'm seriously considering getting a new UHD TV but am having a few problems convincing the wife it's worthwile, as opposed to a new kitchen appliance. My question is do any of you lovely peeps have any ideas on how to broach such a delicate subject? 

Cheers

David

Just be a man, stand up and tell her.Smiley Wink

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

All Liverpool's football has gone to Los Angeles and Manchester so you may as well get baking.Smiley Tongue

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the tip @toekneem but she’s bigger than me.Smiley LOL

@pottyperson No doubt my baking skills will increase with each tournament we drop out of.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You mean you haven't told her that her favourite channel is no longer going to be broadcast on 'regular' TV and will need an UltraHD TV in order to view it? 😉

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
I tried to tell her that the new telly would be so much more energy effecient that we would make the cost back (didn't tell her it would take about 100 years and we did move from a 10 year old plasma that used to act as the central heating in the winter)...Also being a Liverpool fan will leave so much more time for her to watch the things she wants on it 😉
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Guys,

Thanks so much for the advice. @Telecom89 you sir are a genious. Why didn't I think of that Smiley Embarassed.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings