cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exO2works
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Just about to install Sky Multiroom ... HELP

Became an Infinity customer and saw HD free for a year on BT Sport.  I had a standard Sky box (SD).  Didn't invoke BT Sport for free on my SD card.  Instead decided to upgrade to Sky HD+ and keep the old box in a mutiroom subscription before giving over my Sky card number to BT.  That is, use the HD Sky card to get the BT Sport in HD.

Now I read all the angry posts about multiroom and BT Sport ...

Before I go ahead ... have I got this right ... BT will deliver BT Sport HD for free on a single Multiroom Sky HD card?

I don't want to go to all this expense and then find that BT can't access Sky multiroom cards Smiley Mad

6 REPLIES 6
exO2works
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Just about to install Sky Multiroom ... HELP

And another issue ....

I have ESPN still running on a Sky SD subscription ... don't want to lose it until BT Sport starts.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

There is no 'multiroom card'. When you sign up fot bt sports you just give card number of hd box and that is the one that will get bt sports Your other box will not as there is no multiroom for bt sports t present

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
exO2works
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks imjolly,

I wasn't sure whether the Sky multiroom system being "off limits" to BT made individual cards tied together under the system inaccessible to BT.  If you have a premium package like Skysports, both cards carry it.  I was wondering whether Sky's reluctance to open up multiroom subscriptions to BT was based on Sky's inability to put one premium package on a card tied to multiroom without it going on the other card automatically.  Or conversely, multiroom only works if both boxes carry identical packages.

Has anyone got evidence that they are going to receive BT Sports on one box in a multiroom subscription yet? 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

The lack of multiroom from other forum posts is down to BT not Sky. When you order bt sports thats why you need to supply your sky card number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
exO2works
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

The other posts suggest that BT are being barred from the multiroom system ...

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

This thread suggests its bt who will not provide it even for a fee. http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-and-Sky-Multiroom-farcical/td-p/858320/page/4

0 Ratings