cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

LP205 Error Message re BT Sport

I am trying to access BT Sport on my laptop but continually get the error message LP205: Sorry but you are not able to watch this content outside the UK. I have a VPN connection which showed my IP address as Dallas, Texas so I have changed the location to the UK in the AVG settings. However, after re-booting my machine I am still getting the original error message. I have checked my IP address which is definitely now showing as in the UK. I don't know what else to do - can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: LP205 Error Message re BT Sport

It looks like you're using an Avast product in your browser @Peewhit
This is blocked, as it's another form of VPN.
Please disable it for the BT web site, and then log out of bt.com. When you log in again, it should then pick up your real IP.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi there - thanks for your quick update. Do you know how I disable it please?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Do you know what the product is? Google suggests it might be "Hide my ass", which doesn't look like a very configurable VPN service. You'll need to consult their web site for details on how to disable it.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I've looked to see if there are any extensions in Edge but there are none installed. I'm a bit stuck now so will try and call BT themselves. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@Peewhitwrote:
I've looked to see if there are any extensions in Edge but there are none installed. I'm a bit stuck now so will try and call BT themselves. Thanks for your help.

I doubt whether you'll get much help with disabling a thirdparty software item. Why not uninstall it (whatever it is) and use a VPN that can be easily turned on/off in its controls?

0 Ratings