cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Loading dots after ad breaks on BT Sport ESPN via Apple apps

Go to solution

Hi,

For the past few weeks I've noticed that when watching live content on BT Sport ESPN, after returning from an ad break, the loading dots appear in the middle of the screen around 1-15 seconds after the programme resumes and stay there for around 1-10 seconds. The static image in the background appears to be the next frame when the stream resumes playing. This has been particularly annoying during the College Football bowl games, as replays that happen immediately after ad breaks are being missed.. 😞

I've experienced it on the following, with the latest version of the BT Sport app:

- Apple TV 4K (1st Gen), tvOS 15.2, Ethernet connection, Fibre 900 connection

- iPad Pro 10" (2017), iPad OS 15.2, Wifi, Fibre 900 connection

- iPhone 11, iPhone OS 15.2, 4G, BT Mobile connection

Last night, I had the same stream running on both iPad via Wifi and iPhone via 4G at the same time, and both had the loading dots appear at the same times throughout the programme, which should eliminate it being a local network issue.

I have not been able to replicate the issue using the website streams of ESPN, and I haven't noticed any issues when watching other live content (e.g. Champions League).

Is this a bug in the app? Is there anything else I can do to diagnose or try to fix this issue?

Thanks! 🙂

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Loading dots after ad breaks on BT Sport ESPN via Apple apps

Go to solution
Shortly before Christmas, we became aware of an issue affecting ads on ESPN on some devices.
We're not sure of the cause yet, but have a plan for January when the Christmas change freeze has ended
Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Loading dots after ad breaks on BT Sport ESPN via Apple apps

Go to solution

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the info. It's a tad annoying, but just happy to know it's not just me.. 😄

I've seen that the main CFB games on New Year's Eve are on BT Sport 1, which should hopefully avoid the problem popping up during those ones.

Fingers crossed you can get to the bottom of it in the New Year.. 🙂

0 Ratings