cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

‘Loading’ issue on BT Sport Ultimate on Fire Stick 4K

Go to solution

This is still happening on the 4K Fire stick and appears to be getting worse. I was eventually kicked out of the Man City v Dortmund game last night with the ‘Sorry there is a problem’ message. I wondered if there’s a fix in the pipeline for the problem on this device.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: ‘Loading’ issue on BT Sport Ultimate on Fire Stick 4K

Go to solution
Could you please clarify exactly what you mean by the loading issue?
There's the issue with the screen sometimes getting stuck showing a loading message and the video never starts ...
Or are you referring to the bouncy dots appearing on screen when the video is playing?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

I would say it was the latter. However it does also mean that the video is stuck. There’s a Loading message with 3/4 white dots on screen. It occurs at any time during viewing, not when attempting to start something for the first time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
OK, so that usually means your device is struggling to maintain a fast enough network connection to keep up with the video. Thus it's having to buffer on a frequent basis. If it gets stuck in a buffering state for more than 20 seconds, it'll give up and stop the player.
In an ideal world, where the device isn't able to keep up, it should lower the quality to a level that it can keep up with. Some devices (both large and small screen) don't seem to do this, and we're still investigating why.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Ok, thanks. That does make sense actually. We were getting a consistent download speed of c52 with our broadband, but that seems to have gone down to c45-47 in recent months.

0 Ratings