Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nb105
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Loadup time.

Go to solution

I am using windows 7 with IE9 browser on my p.c. BT sports player works fine but it takes anything from 4 to 6 minutes to load before I can start watching, is this normal. Using chrome or firefox browser give similar times though firefox gives poor picture quality.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Loadup time.

Go to solution

@nb105 wrote:

I am using windows 7 with IE9 browser on my p.c. BT sports player works fine but it takes anything from 4 to 6 minutes to load before I can start watching, is this normal. Using chrome or firefox browser give similar times though firefox gives poor picture quality.

The load up time increased from around 30 seconds to your quoted figures of 3 minutes after uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight.

Have you done the same? I have Silverlight version 5.1.20513.0 installed, but it needed a full system image restore/rollback. to get back to the original 30 second load up time. Bt recommend a registry cleanup if you uninstall Silverlight before reinstalling it. Have you monitored your CPU useage during the load up? Is it runnning near to 100% use?

System is Windows 7 64 bit, with IE10.

0 Ratings
nb105
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I reinstalled silverlight and used the CC cleaner before re-installing.When loading the CPU is varying between 90% to 100%.Is now taking 4 minutes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@nb105 wrote:

I reinstalled silverlight and used the CC cleaner before re-installing.When loading the CPU is varying between 90% to 100%.Is now taking 4 minutes.

Exactly the same symptoms!
I suppose that the cooling fan is running fast if you are using a laptop.

Have you a known good restore point? (Before any changes to, or installation of, Bt Sport). Take a backup of your files to a usb device before doing it - just in case.

Also did you change any of the drivers? May be worth restoring to a point before any driver changes, and then start from the beginning.

(You can just live with the 4 minute start up in desparation, but watch out for other problems.) What happens to the CPU when Bt Sport is not running?

0 Ratings
nb105
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

.The cpu at the moment 0% to 9% varying.I think I will live with the 4 minutes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@nb105 wrote:

.The cpu at the moment 0% to 9% varying.I think I will live with the 4 minutes.

May be wise until you learn more over a period of time.

Miy problem could have been due to either:-

Installing Google Chrome, causing a conflict - or:

A Windows 7 security update to IE10.

The laptop just refused to shut down one morning, and thereafter the CPUs (2 of the 4 cores) ran permanently at near 100% capacity.

0 Ratings
nb105
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

As I have another laptop which loads BT sports in less than 30 secs. and also contains all my main files and documents I decided to do an extreme rollback of favorette pc by re-setting to factory settings.It was an extremely interesting experiance.Obviously it took a long time but all the rubbish that had accumilated over the last few years was removed,I had to reinstall all computer functions and drivers and install 171 microsoft updates also re-install security.I must admitt I found the experiance very enjoyable.Anyway now BT sports now loads in less than 5 sec. quicker than BBC IPlayer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@nb105 wrote:

As I have another laptop which loads BT sports in less than 30 secs. and also contains all my main files and documents I decided to do an extreme rollback of favorette pc by re-setting to factory settings.It was an extremely interesting experiance.Obviously it took a long time but all the rubbish that had accumilated over the last few years was removed,I had to reinstall all computer functions and drivers and install 171 microsoft updates also re-install security.I must admitt I found the experiance very enjoyable.Anyway now BT sports now loads in less than 5 sec. quicker than BBC IPlayer.

Glad you solved the problem.

On Windows 7 you can save a full system image to an external drive.

You may find it useful to do this monthly. It saves a lot of time if you have problems. This utillty asks you to backup all files and folders before recovery of a system image.

Windows 8 does not have this feature inbuilt.

Perhaps you should make this thread as "solved", as it does show that you can speed up the start time of Bt Sport. 

0 Ratings