Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Logging into BT Sport App - Android

Hello Everyone, 

My first post here and hoping you can help.

My BT ID ( btopenworld email) and password are not being recognised by the BT Sport App when I try to log in. It works fine when I log inti the MyBT webpage to check account etc but no joy in the app.

Has anyone had this happen and found the reason ?

Cheers

PatrickRG10

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: Logging into BT Sport App - Android

Hi @PatrickRG10,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry that you have been unable to get logged into the BT Sport app. Have you ever been able to watch BT Sport before?

If you log into your MyBT account does the account show that you are the Account holder (Primary BT ID)?

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hello Matt,

Thanks for getting back, I have a BT Sport subscription that I used to watch on Sky but have now dispensed with Sky after I had my broadband upgraded and now running the Halo router. It works great and now I have the good speed want to use it for BT Sport app via a Chromecast.

I am the primary account holder yes, so I understand I have just one BT ID. Below is what I have just gabbed from the BT account page.

Your BT ID details

These are the details you use to login to your My BT account online. Your BT ID is also the contact email we will use to tell you your bill is ready.

BT ID Username

Password
--------

Is there another type of ID I am missing ?

Many thanks for your help.
Patrick

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 8

Hi @PatrickRG10  posting your email address on a public community is not a good idea.

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 8

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Hi @PatrickRG10  posting your email address on a public community is not a good idea.

Indeed. I would have thought @PatrickRG10 would have edited it out by now. Must have gone shopping!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the messages, My bad, have asked to get it removed as I have not been successful in getting it off. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Hi @PatrickRG10,

I'm sorry you're having problems using the App. If you send me in your details, I can do a few checks to help you get that going again. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Problem solved.

Worked it out, my password in MyBT has been around for many years but if you set up a new password now it will not allow the use of a % symbol. It was still in my old password so I guess as it was already in the system it would carry on regardless.

I decided on a hunch to change the MyBT password, went to use a pw with a £ symbol and that is when I discovered the new rule. Changed it without a % and entered into BT Sport App. Hey presto it works fine.

Sharing out in case it helps others.

0 Ratings