cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Lost sports recordings

Go to solution

I have various BT sport recordings on my youview box.  I cancelled BT sport in January and discovered I could no longer access the recordings.  Which is pretty poor because I paid for BT at the time I recorded and it’s not as if the stuff I recorded (mostly college football) is ever re-shown or available on demand anyway.  I have now re-subscribed to BT Sport.  But I still cannot access my old recordings.  But they continue to be there on my box taking up space.  I get a message saying:

“This recording is currently unavailable. Check the connection between your box and router, then restart the router. IPC6041.”

There is no issue with the router, the box works fine, both for live BT TV and for things like BT Player.   What’s the issue?  If the problem is no longer being subscribed to BT Sport, well I am again now.  And the recordings are clearly still there on the box.  

Any ideas anyone?  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost sports recordings

Go to solution

I had the same issue with Eurosport recordings I'd made under a previous package.  Lost them when we ended the Entertainment Package but now Eurosport is part of the Big Sport package (which I now have) I was getting exactly the same error. But I can stream Eurosport but not record it - I got the same message.  I can stream and record Sky Sports but had no previous recording from them, so don't know if that would be the same. A couple of kind people offered suggestions (and I only came on here to thank them), is that you need to perform a factory reset of the YouView box. Make sure you make the selection to not delete your recordings. It takes a while, but when it finally restarted, I can now record against Eurosport, Sky Sports, and I can now play the old Eurosport recordings. If you don't know how to perform the above reset, I'll dig out my post, as someone kindly put a link on how to do it. 

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The factory reset, keeping recordings worked!  Thank you.   Unlike your issue I could record and watch new BT Sport programmes, but now I can access my old recordings again.  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Glad you got it sorted. One caveat I've discovered this morning, it you'll need to re-sign into all the player accounts (IPlayer, ITV Hub etc) as that information will have been lost.  Struggled to remember passwords, it's years since I set it up. Got there eventually. 

0 Ratings