cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donaldphone
Message 1 of 7

MOTOGP feed 'skipping'

I think 'skipping' must be the term for what's been happening for a few weeks when watching all MotoGP broadcasts (online, on computer iMac).  Commentary and pictures both suddenly repeat, for up to a minute at a time, then reverts to later phase of the race.  Doesn't seem to affect the timer top left though.  Very annoying, why is it happening?  Not, I think, my computer, as I see someone else complained of this while watching football (and I now recall I've had problem there).  And how do I ask BT Sport themselves about this?  Had no reply to earlier query direct to them.  DF

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: MOTOGP feed 'skipping'

@donaldphone Sorry about that, this can happen if you're experiencing connection problems. Try these checks and if you're still having issues report in on the chat link shown at the bottom of that page.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mr_Red
Message 3 of 7

there's a lot of it about and it ain't gone away PAL.

BT is a big arget and the miscreants try hard, it soaks up bandwidth and you is the looser.

Not just skipping, repeating packets and missing packets on live to a laptop anyway. Make Suzy Perry look stupid, asking each question 3 times.

If you've got problems - consider those on the end of the line (literally) from a village exchange miles away.

Infinity not even offered.

And junk calls they can't solve.

Yes it is important, the farmer HAS to lodge all his stock records to the gov via internet, no alternative other than to go in to town and use someone else's connection. TV is not that important in the big schem of things. Imagine they paid you via internet and money went missing?  You wouldn't use BT would you?

No choice APL. Open reach is BT.

0 Ratings
flowboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hope it's improved. We have PC's so a bit different - At the start of the season we had the same issue, particularly after going to Windows 10. Race (replays) were unwatchable gobbledygook. jumping whole & even multiple laps, pixelating, out of sync. commentary etc. Has improved a lot over the season with only the odd hint of a glitch now. Was so bad I bought a Chromecast as it was recommended. After much headache, could not get it to function with BT so took it back. Previously had W8.1 which was mostly OK. except picture freezing after about 20 mins virtually every time & grey screen/loss of picture at about 40 mins! both recoverable with a quick fiddle) Your local Bandwidth hogs may be to blame. We used to get "insufficient bandwidth" messages quite often. In an inner city too! Currently using Google Chrome which seems better than I.E. BT list a number of streaming errors that can cause various problems but no doubt you've looked into that.

0 Ratings
mrfill
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Same problem here. I can compare the desktop with the Android app with interesting results.

If both start at the same time, the desktop will quickly get ahead of the Android app. This occurs until the desktop gets around 20 seconds ahead (although that is not consistent) and then the desktop will stall until the Android app catches up to the time  the desktop froze at. The desktop app will then re-commence and for a few seconds and the whole process is then repeated.

This is nothing to do with connections (I'm on Infinity2 without issues on any other streaming site). The Android app works fine on a Galaxy S4 or Nexus 7. The TV feed works fine also. The desktop app doesn't. Changing operating systems (I use Win 10, Win 7, Suse Linux and PCLinuxOS) makes no significant difference. Changing browsers makes no difference (Chrome on Linux, Edge or Chrome on Windows).

Recently the desktop has developed a new glitch whereby if you stop the stream when it is 'catching up', it returns to the login screen and you have to sign in again.

This has all been going on almost since BT Sport started. The Android app was sorted out very quickly and has become useable, but the desktop has remained a pain. There has never been any real attempt at fixing problems on the desktop app. My guess is that the audience for the desktop app is not big enough to justify enough resources to fix the problem so you just have to put up with it. Best to wait for the 24 inch high def range of tablets and use Android to watch as the only response you ever get is that your equipment is at fault - despite that same equipment being capable of streaming all other services without difficulty. Couldn't possibly be their blessed desktop app now, could it?

0 Ratings
flowboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Well I guess it will continue for some time then. 

It seems that since I started watching MotGP via the app there have been problems. Using either I.E. or Chrome. There was a long running one involving a clash with M.S. Silverlight & another with Flash (which also caused problems when MotoGP was screened on BBC iplayer)

As I said it has definitely stabilised with W10 since I started watching at the beginning of the season, when it was useless. The same process occurred over the previous year when I had W8.1.   I don't understand why. 

Showed minor signs of pixelating a couple of times yesterday but pretty good overall. The complete grey outs & screen freezes no longer occur so I assume BT have made some tweaks to the app?

That said, there are still some annoyances - at least one MotoGP race replay is not listed on the main GP page. It can be found by using the BT sport search but although appearing to be available I get an error message VCO14. None of the BT advice "fixes" work with it. I can watch other replays. Very odd.

0 Ratings
gilera
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I agree it is disgusting that a company as large and as BT cannot fix this problem. I think it started when BT introduced the playback/rewind facility on the Player. It does it on all channels but drove me nuts during the Moto GP season.

1/  It never did prior to Flash being used.

2/  Eurosport runs perfectly in HD quality.

3/  BBc % ITV Iplayers works flawlessly.

Surely BT should be able to get it right!!!!!!!

0 Ratings