cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soapy66
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Mirroring to my TV

Hi all, BT Sport plays fine on laptops, tablets, phone handsets on SD and HD, but when i mirror any of the devices onto my Panasonic 4K TV there is pixelaxtion and lag which spoils the viewing pleasure, looking at the device that is mirroring the image is fine and playing in decent quality. Any tips?

Regards

Paul. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mirroring to my TV

Mirroring video of that quality is never going to look good due to the inherent Miracast technology used

If you want a good casting experience then purchase a Chromecast Gen 3 for £20/30 and then you will be able to directly cast the stream straight to the device rather than trying to mirror a complete desktop.

If you don't wish to purchase this then all I can say is plug the laptop into the TV with a long hdmi cable, set the laptop to only show its screen on the TV (projector only mode) and then change the refresh rate to 50hz to match the BT sport framerate.

Hope this helps.
Soapy66
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply, will try the laptop as you suggested first. All I know of Chromecast is they sponsored Arsenal some years ago.

Is the Chromecast gen 3 suitable for 4K tvs?

Regards

Paul.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 5

Hello Paul, the Chromecast Ultra is the one you will probably want as it supports 4K resolution, whereas the Chromecast only supports up to 1080p so you wouldn't get the full potential out your TV.

Kind regards, Jack
BT TV expertJack
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, and help where I can with BTTV queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
Mallett94
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

The Chromecast Gen 3 can handle the max 1080/50p BT Sport stream which is the best currently provided. The Gen 3 max resolution is 1080p. There is is a Chromecast ultra which can be had for around £70. This has a resolution of 3840*2160p (4K or UHD).

Which one you go for depends on your TV. I have a high end Sony LED LCD TV which has really good upscaling, better than the ultra could produce. So I went for the Gen 3 and let my TV upscale 1080p to 4K. It was also cheaper.

It's up to you at the end of day. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings