Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
thisisajm
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Monthly pass confusion - unable to cancel

Struggling to understand how the billing works. 

Ordered BT Sport in late December, was charged £25 30 December, £25 was credited back to the bank account 31 December.  I was then charged £25 again on 16 January.  In my account it says 14th is my bill date (seems odd as I would have thought bill date would be when you started the subscription a la Netflix, Now TV etc. )

I have been back and forth countless times with live chat who told me my Sport service would stop at the end of January.  Now 31st and its still working. 

I am now worried that I will be charged again in mid Feb.  I cannot cancel the service as I only have option to "restart pass" on my account page. 

I am becoming stressed with the situation as I cannot understand what is happening. 

I do not have any other products or services from BT, only the monthly sport pass. 

Greatly appreciate any help with this. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
-Richie-
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Monthly pass confusion - unable to cancel

You can cancel it through www.bt.com/mybt by logging in with your BT ID, follow the below guide taken from Here 

Yes, you can cancel your pass at any time, no strings attached.

Simply log into MyBT, find BT Sport Monthly Pass and choose ‘Cancel subscription’.

When you cancel, you can carry on watching BT Sport until your 30-day viewing period expires.

You need to cancel your subscription the day before it’s due to renew at the latest. You can check when your subscription is due to renew in MyBT

0 Ratings
thisisajm
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

I get this when I log in to my account. 

Screenshot_20200131-143710-01.jpeg

This would normally suggest to me that my subscription has stopped, however it is still working today.  I'm pretty sure the subscription should have stopped by now. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 9

I'd agree that the subscription is cancelled, you stated before your bill date was the 14th, so I'd expect the subscription to end on 13/02/2020 which is the day before the next billing cycle.

If it's still active on the 14th February post back and we'll ask a moderator to have a look.

0 Ratings
thisisajm
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thing is, I started the sub somewhere between 28th and 30th of December. So I would have expected it to have stopped by now, as did the live chat agent. 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 6 of 9

The live chat advisor has seen your account, so they should be accurate, It's the billing date you mention that leads me to say the 13th is when it would end, BT bill in advance so you've paid the month ahead in January, so you should have access to it until the next billing cycle.

0 Ratings
thisisajm
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Now shows me that bill for 14 Feb will be £25.

_20200214_123618.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@thisusajm Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see that you've been billed in error for the BT Sport monthly pass and I apologise the chat team have not resolved this previously. 

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
thisisajm
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I've replied to the message. 

0 Ratings