cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bachmann24
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Mothers maiden name cannot activate BTsport with EE going round in circles!

I can log into the BTsport app it then says activate. I then go to a webpage that says mothers maiden name and I cannot answer it at all!. EE have said I'm activate and bt say I have no account so what is actually going on!. If there is any moderator or community member who can shed light on this greatly appreciate it. I have called bt and ee numerous times with no luck! Please help
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Mothers maiden name cannot activate BTsport with EE going round in circles!

Hi @Bachmann24 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems activating the Sports App. Can you give me some more details on the issue? Do you have broadband / fibre with BT? What other services do you currently have? Have you set up your MyBT online?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Bachmann24
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi I am not a bt customer I just have bt sport with EE but when trying to activate I'm hit with the maiden name question. Bt says speak to ee and ee says bt. Really stuck!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

As you are not a bt customer but EE customer you need to take it up with EE. There is nothing the  customer forum can do to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for getting back @Bachmann24 ,

Have you set up your BT ID as per the instructions on HOW DO I SET UP MY FREE BT SPORT SUBSCRIPTION?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Bachmann24
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

This is the problem its on the bt website when I go on btsport app it takes me my BT ID and asks to activate
0 Ratings
Bachmann24
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hello thanks for the reply yea done all that so this is what happens

1. Btsport App I log in using my bt I'd
2. It then prompts me to activate
3. It goes to my bt I'd and asks what's my mothers maiden name
4. Everything I put it is wrong and when I called bt they said my account isn't even showing up

Any ideas? Nightmare
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi @Bachmann24 ,

Thanks for getting back again. If you're sure the details you're entering are correct we'll need to take a closer look for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Please drop me over a reply with as much detail as possible, including your BT ID and we'll check this for you. Once we have the details one of the moderators will be in touch over the next few days.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
vinnyh
Message 9 of 12

I'm in eactly the same boat rehte EE offer. I just signed up today as my lad is desperate to watch the game later. I spoke to the BT helpdesk on the number provided and spoke to a helpflu lad who advised that this is a known issue and that they were working hard to fix it. He said to try again later so fingers crossed it will be fixed in time...

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @vinnyh  and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting. Did you manage to get this sorted? Can you drop us a post and let me know how you're getting on with it?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings