cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA100
Message 1 of 21

Moto GP online catch up race result spoilers

Does anybody else find this immensely frustrating ? ... When you wish to watch a race using the online catch up you are presented with the race result on the opening page ! It's almost impossible not to read who the winner was whilst trying to navigate around the screen selecting the relevant options ...
Dear Mr British Telecom, this is ridiculous !!
On the basis I'm trying to watch the race on catch up you must assume I don't know the result and I don't want to know the result until the checkered flag !
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Message 2 of 21

Re: Moto GP online catch up race result spoilers

Hi BA100,

Welcome to the community forum. You can watch the spoiler free race replays Here

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
perfectweb
Beginner
Message 3 of 21

Unfortunately the link has moved, and when redirected to the working page it will not play on an iPad and you have to use the BT App, which, as already mentioned, shows the result or pictures of the 1st three on the rostrum! Come on BT, what's the point of having a catchup service if you're going to tell / show us what has already happened?
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 21

On my Android tablet I cover the main part of the screen with one hand while I navigate the left hand menu bar to

Home -> MotoGP -> Latest

which shows the non-spoiler links to the three full race videos.  Beware!  Do not scroll the screen right at this point else you will start to see the race reaction videos which, of course, give the game away.  They could do a better job of separating these away to another page to stop accidental viewing.  I sometimes, actually often, think, the people who design these things do not understand sport.  A plain text list of links with no video stills or subtitles would work a lot better.  If you must jazz it up have a generic all rider montage background that does not change all season.

0 Ratings
MarcA
Message 5 of 21

This is really beginning to wind me up now, it is ruining the sport for me.

I have just logged on to watch today's qualifying, it's not up yet, but no bother, I know who took pole in **bleep** big letters.

I have to get my girlfriend to search and start the race coverage for me on a Sunday evening to avoid the spoilers.

come on BT, sort it out.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 21

I agree.  The quali videos should be moved to the non-spoiler page.  Of course, they are only brief summary clips but sometimes that is all you have access to if not at home to watch the full sessions on TV.

0 Ratings
Lander93
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

No problem with spoiler free catch up except why can't i get it the same day on rewind - it's not on demand until next day.  Computer only.

The MotoGp worked perfectly well on BBC2/Eurosport which could be watched on iplayer and/or rewound on eurosport.

Bt have us over a barrell no other way to watch all the races. They don't seem interested in showing practices either.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 21

Yes, I miss the three hour chase play you get with Eurosport Player which I stopped subscribing to when I went for BT TV which includes the Eurosport channels. Handy for following the sessions when away from home at the weekend when your free time does not exactly match the broadcast time.

Now I have to rely on the Youview PVR recordings. Note that BT *do* show all the practise sessions but only make short video clips of the last few minutes available online.
0 Ratings
Lander93
Beginner
Message 9 of 21

Hmm, yes they do show practice / qualifying provided you can be sitting on the sofa at all times.  Same for races - reruns have nothing of the atmosphere / no interviews at start / no lap of honour or park ferme - and no i don't want to have to find the end of race interviews in another section,  i want to see at the end of the race.

I want to see it all - if BT want to pay for the MotoGp they should be prepared to show it all again not just the bits they feel like showing otherwise give it back to BBC / Eurosport so we can see it properly.

I'm going to end up having to pay MotoGp.com just so i can watch it when i want - then i'll be able to take my broadband elsewhere for less money.  Hmm, seems like MotoGp.com know what they're doing as well because if we all do this they'll make loads out of Bt and us!

Fed up!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 21

If you want to watch it all tben subscribe to BT TV.  Or if you have Sky suscribe for free that way.  Then you can record and watch at your leisure.  If you stick with it just online then you can view the news highlight video clips to get a sense of build up and post-race.

0 Ratings