cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

MotoGP and the UHD 4K rip off

Why has BT and Sky been able to advertise MOTOGP in UHD 4K for many a year and yet have not delivered it.

There are so many people that signed up to BT Sport  or the Sky sports package with the added BT MOTOGP package to watch what they claimed was Motogp in 4k uhd and yet it never was, so many people who follow Motogp turned over by this rip off.

I have paid good money to see this through the Sky package with an expensive Sky Qbox only to be ripped off.

BT cannot provide it and SKY cannot provide it.

In America I think they call it a legal, CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Times up BT and Sky. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: MotoGP and the UHD 4K rip off

Please point out on the website (or anywhere) where it states you can get bt sport 4k on Sky. The info on the BT website clearly states what devices it is on & Sky isn't one of them

Also do the host broadcasters supply a 4k option as well?

Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

BT Sport Ultimate is available via the BT Sport app and also via BT TV. Moto GP is also available in UHD on Ultimate. The fact that it's not available via Sky is not a case for a class action in the same way that Sky not making their UHD content to NowTV and BT isn't a class action. 🤣

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

@NigelB72wrote:

The fact that it's not available via Sky is not a case for a class action in the same way that Sky not making their UHD content to NowTV and BT isn't a class action. 🤣

Exactly, and the reason why I have Sky, and therefore the UHD material, via a Q box, and BT Sport (including UHD) bought directly from BT. That covers all the bases.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Normal MotoGp race coverage is provided in HD by the host broadcaster ( DORNA’s own). they haven’t yet provided 4K as standard.

Ocassional one off programmes may  be in 4K.

BT did  I believe provide its own cameras for one live race a few years ago which was shown live in 4K.