cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

MotoGP coverage at Mugello

Looked like MotoGP lost the helicopter coverage for a large part of the race with moves into Turn 1 at the end of the long Mugello start/finish straight being missed.   Does anyone know why?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: MotoGP coverage at Mugello

Not sure what you're referring to but the pictures that BT Sport uses during the race is the world feed which is produced by Dorna. BT has no control over what is shown on the world feed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Where did I say I was blaming BT? I was asking that the problem was with the helicopter or with its camera equipment or with the connection to the broadcasting unit or what?  I would expect BT to have enquired of Dorna what was up (or not up) and even half-expecting the commentators to mention it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Okay. I assumed because this is a forum for BT that was the case. Probably better asking elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

There's the possibility that the camera helicopter was grounded as a result of the fatal accident that happened in Moto3 so to keep the airspace clear if the air ambulance was required again.. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Nope. Saw the helicopter in the air from one of the ground based cameras and coverage came and went a couple of times during the race and had been used for all of the Moto3 and Moto2 coverage. Remember also that the Moto3 accident happened during quali the day before.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Ahh ok I knew that the accident happened before the GP. You'll probably be better asking on the MotoGP forums then 

0 Ratings