Highlighted
hicksid
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

MotoGP

I watch MotoGP using the Youview box. This box is physically connected to the BT Hub. I have had my line checked by BT and my downlink speed is 30Mbps, uplink is 5Mbps. However, the MotoGP program is virtually unwatchable due to video and audio break-up. I have watched other programs on BT Sport 1,2,3 in SD and HD and these are all fine with no break-up, so I suspect its not my equipment but something to do with the supplier of the MotoGP feed. I tried watching MotoGP on SD but even that breaks-up, although slightly less intermittently.

Anyone else have this issue ?

(PS: I have tried two BT Hubs, same problem on both. Not tried a different Youview box as I dont have a spare ! But as I said I do not believe it is an issue with my line or my equipment)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: MotoGP

I do not have a problem with MotoGP in HD on my Youview box other than the occasional on-board camera or pits handheld camera shots breaking up due to local interference from the garage equipment.  That would run counter to your suggestion that the problem is down to the source feed.

Just a thought, do you have live timing running on a laptop plugged into the mains while watching the races?  Or any other electronic equipment active at the time?  Try re-routing the ethernet cable away from any power cables and the HDMI cable.

0 Ratings
hicksid
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: MotoGP

@gomezzwrote:

I do not have a problem with MotoGP in HD on my Youview box other than the occasional on-board camera or pits handheld camera shots breaking up due to local interference from the garage equipment.  That would run counter to your suggestion that the problem is down to the source feed.

Just a thought, do you have live timing running on a laptop plugged into the mains while watching the races? 

Or any other electronic equipment active at the time?  Try re-routing the ethernet cable away from any power cables and the HDMI cable.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I dont have a laptop running live timing or any other electronic equipment active at the time. The CAT5 cable is well away from any mains power sources and the HDMI cables.

0 Ratings