cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clive55
Message 1 of 5

NO MLB!

Due apparently to being

Unable To Bring You The MLB Game Due To Online Right Restrictions.

So, being a BT Broadband subscriber viewing via my PC does this mean I will never be able to get the ESPN sceduled games?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: NO MLB!

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 5

This only affects some matches. Don't know why. Possible that there are local rights arrangements for some teams, I suppose.

Of course it would be nice if the web schedule showed which games can be accessed online and which can't.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

This is utterly annoying ... and it is disingenuous to simply say our viewing is 'only' affected for 'SOME matches' ... Over the last two weeks I have NEVER YET seen a prime time live game! Now, that's not a 100% certified fact but my experience since being sucked in by BT's less than frank advertising about their Sports Offerings is that MLB baseball, supposedly available via my PC, was my primary reason for joining BT rather than SKY, but it now seems to only be presented as delayed telecasts. Now, as an avid fan who reads the sports pages each morning it is ANNOYING to only be able to see matches already played, where I already know the scores and action! BT would problably respond smugly 'Then don't read the papers.' Not an acceptable answer.

Come clean, BT. Yeah, yeah, it's ESPN's fault, it's contracts, it's nothing to do with BT, etc. WRONG. Hey BT: Howz 'bout less marketing bumpf and more factual disclosure.

Signed,

Normally Stoic but a seriously p.o.'d fan at this nonsense.

0 Ratings
JanT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I was watching one of the few live games tonight, "NYY v Bos Red Socks," a close 1 run game, just going into the top of the 9th innings, it came up to 9pm. The game suddenly went of and the message, "This game cannot be shown, due to rights restriction"s, came up ???  THREE HOURS OF WATCHING THE GAME TOTALLY WASTED, AND THE BEST PART OF THE MATCH LOST, DUE TO THE FOOL PROGRAMING OF BT SPORT. DISGUSTING SERVICE, BUT THEN AGAIN THATS WHAT I HAVE GROWN TO EXPECT FROM THEM. Its this type of thing that drives people away from BT and the main reason I swithced away from them with my Broadband and Tellephone, after years with them and lots of problems.  I only took the BT Sport package for Baseball as they accquired ESPN. So far, really upset and dissapointed with BTSport.com  far to many errors, much to much rights restrictions. and to be honest after over a vast number of hours on the phone to customer service and getting no where at all. This is the last straw.

0 Ratings