cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

NOWTV not showing in EPG

I have a subscription to NOW TV through BT but it doesn’t appear on the EPG which means that I can’t pause, rewind or record any sport.

The EPG ends at channel 275, jumps to Channel 555, then 601 and then 700 - the radio channels.

I have tried the software update and the App update. I’ve retuned the channels but the result is TV Channels 139 Subscription Channels 0.

Any ideas as to what else I could attempt to would be helpful.

Bob

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: NOWTV not showing in EPG

Is it definitely connected to your BT Broadband line? If you launch the Now TV app on the BT TV box, does it work?
What about the BT TV Player? Does that launch ok, or show an error?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

DarrenDev,

Thanks for your reply.

Apart from the fact the NOW TV doesn’t show up on the EPG, everything else is okay - after reading other posts I have gleaned that it is impossible to pause or rewind when watching through the app, yet it can be achieved through the EPG.

I was able to watch some cricket yesterday through the NOW TV app on the BT box and the TV player works well, I was able to record yesterday’s Football League show in HD.

I have only just joined BT and haven’t encountered any errors so far, it is very different to Virgin Media.

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Could you give the BT TV app a go please? It's a good indicator of line status.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

DarrenDev,

I’ve completed the WiFi signal check with the result that it is ‘nice and reliable’.

I’ve just downloaded the BT TV app and watching the rugby match between Exeter and Worcester which is smooth in HD.

Bob

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

BobAcorn

I had exactly this problem when I first signed up to BTTv and it had to be resolved at the BT end. I am not sure exactly what the problem was but DarrenW sorted it. Here is a link to the relevant thread.

NOW Entertainment Channels and the EPG - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

northshields,

Thanks for the tip and the link.

I’m not too sure what the protocol is, whether it is acceptable to send DarrenW a message directly - community message boards are new to me.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Sorry, I meant the BT TV app ON the BT TV box. It will only work if your line is properly enabled for BT TV. It sounds like it isn't, but the app is the best way to know for sure.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

DarrenDev,

Thanks,

I looked at the apps that are installed on my BT TV box and I have iPlayer, BritBox, Netflix and NOW etc, but no BT TV app and it was only after reading your reply that I realised not only do I not have NOW on my EPG but I don’t have BT Sport either even though I have a subscription to both - through BT.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

The fact that you don't even see a BT TV app on the box suggests that the box isn't connected to a BT Broadband line? Do you see the BT logo in the top left on the main menu?

0 Ratings