Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 84

Re: New BT TV app today

@KernowChris

I think the extra £5 is not too bad, compared to other tv providers who charge £12

Considering how much data 4K uses, I think its maybe wise to not have the 4K offering just yet most people I would guess use this away from home at the moment on their phones and tablets. The picture quality on Apple TV and on the iPhone is excellent as it is.. But its all down to personal preference, and offers customers an additonal way to view thier content

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 32 of 84

@neywrote:

I don’t have BT TV extra so don’t know if the new look app will fully work for me. I can still stream the live channels as before. I see not every show is available to download just some.

i don’t think I will be willing to pay £5 a month extra for the BT TV extra app as I pay enough as it is for BT services.

Darren

Me neither, my app on Android upgraded ) over night and for a moment when I saw Chromecast support had been added I was thinking that BT had delivered something worthy of their two price rises, alas not.  Let's just hope it still works at all !

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 33 of 84

Why can’t I just pay £5 a month to have the app on my Apple TV? I don’t currently have BT Extra on my account but when I try to add it, and after selecting the option to not purchase an additional box, I can’t proceed without either purchasing some power line adapters, or having an engineer visit.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 84

@GarethW

Do you currently have a BT TV Supscription?

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 35 of 84

Is it working with the TV App on the Apple TV? I know that answer’s going to be no 🙃
0 Ratings
Highlighted
GarethW
Expert
Message 36 of 84

@Dean007

I have a BT TV subscription on one box.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 37 of 84

@GarethW

You should be able to log into bt.com and select and use the following process (if thats what you have done and it still wont let you add it- let me know I'll ask a moderator to help you)

Manage TV add-on,

select more TV-Add On's - Then add extras to your package -

Stay on my current subsciption (at the top should be selected) - Continue

The Additional TV Viewing Options-

Add Extra

Continue

0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 84

@GarethW

lol, you are right in thinking it is not currently in the TV App (not many are in the UK) but many great things seemed to be planned for BT TV so you never know.

But it works really well on Apple TV 4K, the picture and streaming is smooth. You can watch and stream the IP channels, your purchases and any free content.

0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 39 of 84

No, that process doesn’t work for me. I’m going to hang fire, at the moment, as it’s a 12 month contract. I’m waiting to see how this Sky/Now TV link up looks, so may want to get a second box in the near future. I would’ve signed up if it was 30 days notice in the short term.

It’s a shame about the TV App as I really like it, and it at least works well for the three broadcaster’s catch-up services currently available; hopefully All 4 will support it when its promised arrival occurs.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 84

@GarethW

The App is 30 days rolling add on

0 Ratings