Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GarethW
Expert
Message 41 of 84

Re: New BT TV app today

Thanks

This is what happens when you have to do everything on your phone 🤣 You can’t uncheck the boxes, once you’ve checked one, only check a different one. A refresh, and a reattempt fixed this.
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 84

@GarethW I think you may be confusing the Extra Box subscription and the BT TV App Extra service

The BT TV App Extra includes all of the features of the free BT TV App, but customers will also be able to:

• Access the BT TV App through their large screens, including Apple TV, Chromecast and Samsung Smart TV’s
  • Download and play Catch Up, On Demand, rental and buy-to-own content
  • Register up to four devices

It costs £5 per month on a 30-day rolling contract.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
GarethW
Expert
Message 43 of 84

At least I think I’ve done it. It’s been half an hour and I still can’t login, I’ll try again later.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 44 of 84

I can see why they charge for chromecasting however it would still be a neat feature to have even if you live alone. Surely they could limit casting to your current IP address or make Chromecast count as one of your current registered two devices. Seems a bit backwards thinking to charge people to watch on a big screen.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 84

@GarethW

Check your order status, also if use the Apple TV remote app on your iOS device it makes using the BT TV app nice and easy 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 46 of 84

@zulu17 wrote:

@Dean007 wrote:

@zulu17

The support pages have now been updated by the looks of things and the apps should be avalible..

BT TV App

Thanks for the link ... unfortunately eventually I get to another link to find out more about  the extra app  which has been failing to  connect for some time .. specifically

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/tv/appextra/

This link still does not seem to be functioning correctly.

Is there a product and services link that is working that gives accurate information about the product please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GarethW
Expert
Message 47 of 84

I checked that, and no it doesn’t appear; nor does the BT Plus I ordered before that. Plus, I’ve not had email confirmation of either. I do remember the activation date I was given for BT Plus though. Maybe there’s a blockage in the pipes, and they’ll both come through in a bit.
0 Ratings
Message 48 of 84

@GarethW I'd recommend that you get in touch with the orders live chat team to check on your orders as you should have got confirmation of the order within a few mins of it being placed.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 49 of 84

@NeilO thanks, ordered again.

I still can’t use the app, but it’s listed on the order so I’m just going to assume it’ll be activated when BT Plus is.
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 84

@GarethW no worries, post back once the order completes and let us know if it's working ok. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings