Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 62 of 84

Re: New BT TV app today

Got a call today from a support guy who changed something their end. Sorry I missed your name.

Bad news is that it is no different and I am still unable to stream live TV using the app as I was able to do before the app was changed.

I tried clearing the data and cache, rebooting the tablet, uninstalling the app, redownloading and reinstalling the app but no joy.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 84

Sorry @gomezz that was me who called, I'll get back on to our TV team for you as they advised me it should be working. I'll be in touch when they update me.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 64 of 84

So, who get’s this free in September? I signed up for price freeze with BT Plus, but calling plan and TV subs is going up. I’ve had a letter about increases which mention getting the app for free. I have signed up for the app at £5 now though.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 65 of 84

@GarethWwrote:
So, who get’s this free in September? I signed up for price freeze with BT Plus, but calling plan and TV subs is going up. I’ve had a letter about increases which mention getting the app for free. I have signed up for the app at £5 now though.

I genuinely don't think Chromcasting is worth £5 a month. You could get and HDMI adapter for your laptop and use that for starters. Quite looking forward to getting the prime app though I guess. I was watching  via the HTML5 player yesterday using a mini display port to HDMI adapter and Discovery was streaming at 10Mb/s pretty good about the best I have seen any where out side of bluray. BT will probably have to switch to html 5 at some point so perhaps they will switch to a concurrent device limit like Netflix do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
GarethW
Expert
Message 66 of 84

@srpsrp

Not wishing to sound like an Apple Fan boy, but Chromecast sounds like a horrible idea. I’m suprised that there doesn’t seem to be a Fire TV app though. Pretty happy with the App on the Apple TV, but some On Demand content is only available on your set-top box. I have a pretty small TV screen with this though, and I don’t know what the picture quality actually is, but it’s better than Standard definition through the box.
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 67 of 84

@GarethW

The new large screen experience has only just launched and will evolve... and nothing wrong with being an Apple Fan Boy Smiley Happy

The £5 fee is for anyone using the app until Sept, when I believe it will be free to TV customers who had a price increase, but I will check on that for you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 68 of 84

Noticed furtherr New versions of IOS and Android apps today. Not sure of the changes in this version although the help info accessed via the App is considerably improved.
0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 69 of 84

Well I probably am an Apple Fan (old)Boy and I've been using Chromecast to stream BTSport to the TV from an old iPod Touch for a while and it works fine.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 70 of 84

@zulu17wrote:
Noticed furtherr New versions of IOS and Android apps today. Not sure of the changes in this version although the help info accessed via the App is considerably improved.

Not fixed my problem with the Android app.  It is curious that the iOS app continues to allows live streaming but the Android app does not (for me anyway).

0 Ratings