cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 84

Re: New BT TV app today

Hi @gomezz,

I'm sorry the new BT TV App isn't working for you. Please can you send me in your details and I'll get this investigated.

You can send me in information using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 84

Thanks. Done.

***Edit: Personal info removed***

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 84

Thank you @gomezz.

I can see that it's in our queue. I've also removed the reference number from your post Smiley Happy

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 24 of 84

@gomezz wrote:

I see that now. Why has it stopped me streaming live TV and why does the app say I need a BT TV Extra subscription rather than an BT TV App Extra subscription?

Yes I have noticed that some of the messages  say that .. this in the Android app

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 25 of 84

On a positive point I have downloaded a purchased title onto the IPAD successfully using the IOS app

Eventually I  have downloaded a different purchased title onto my phone using the Android app

both of these were possible without a additional BT TV App Extra subscription.

there would be clear benefit in my opinion in reviewing the current documentation as there are it seems clear differences as to how purchases are handled as to subscription downloads.

that also begs the question as to whether the BT TV Purchases app will continue.

there also seem to be some device management issues as I noted yesterday that my existing  registered devices for BT TV  appeared to have been wiped clean without any notification. I suspect this will cause a rash of requests to reset device limits  as the 30 Day period effectively has been reset

I am also unclear as to the relationship  if any between BT Purchase App  registered devices and viewing rules and those of the BT TV App  (MY TV).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 26 of 84

@zulu17 wrote:

@gomezz wrote:

I see that now. Why has it stopped me streaming live TV and why does the app say I need a BT TV Extra subscription rather than an BT TV App Extra subscription?

Yes I have noticed that some of the messages  say that .. this in the Android app

Just to add the initial Chromecast screen also has a similar issue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 84

@Dean007 wrote:

@zulu17

The support pages have now been updated by the looks of things and the apps should be avalible..

BT TV App

I suspect new support pages have probably been added probably with new addresses.  however in checking both the new version Android and IOS apps just now if you use the Help option within the App itself you are given the  old support information. clearly there is a need for support of previous and upgraded apps during a transitional period but the new apps version do need to display the updated help pages

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 84

Hi All, thanks for the feedback on the wording and we are working to correct this.

I can confirm that only purchases and rentals will be downloadable (they must first be ordered via STB or new web store – player.bt.com). Once BT TV App Extra is provisioned subscription content will also be available for download.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
KernowChris
Expert
Message 29 of 84

First observations ...

1. Extra Charge isn't really acceptable. 

2. Seemingly the non BT Sport channels are still in SD only,  can someone confirm? 

3. No 4K channel available 

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 30 of 84

I don’t have BT TV extra so don’t know if the new look app will fully work for me. I can still stream the live channels as before. I see not every show is available to download just some.

i don’t think I will be willing to pay £5 a month extra for the BT TV extra app as I pay enough as it is for BT services.

Darren

0 Ratings