Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChampsLCFC
Message 1 of 3

New Customer: BT Activation not working

Go to solution

Hi,

In a similar vein to the following thread, I signed up to BT as a new customer on Tuesday evening (Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Calls and TV). In the resulting sign up emails I am advised to activate my BT ID and I have attempted to do so using the link provided within. I start this process by entering the answer to a security question and am then taken to a page where I am asked to enter the password for my BT ID (which I have not set up in being a new customer?). At this point I can go no further as it seems a password already exists against my BT ID (which I am unaware of) and therefore I am unable to activate my account.

Similar to the outlined thread, I have a vague recollection of being a BT customer previously (probaably a decade ago) and if this is the case I would likely have been registered through the email address I am using for this process today; I therefore wonder if this is the reason why I cannot activate otherwise I am stumped. Any advice welcome?!?!?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Customer: BT Activation not working

Go to solution

The BT ID team should be able to help you with this. You can reach them at the below link:

BT ID Chat

ChampsLCFC
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Customer: BT Activation not working

Go to solution

thank you - this route did indeed solve my query!

0 Ratings