cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shareenh
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Newbie needing help with tv app

Good evening I am hoping some one can help. I am new to BT tv and have downloaded the app to watch on my phone etc. However I have tried to stream to my tv using my chrome cast till my TV has been installed in the house. However I am having issues as if keeps tell me I need the by tv extra app but I can’t seem to find this in the App Store. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Newbie needing help with tv app

Hi @Shareenh 

The BT TV App Extra is an addon to the BT Tv package that gives additional access in terms of number of devices that can be registered and an increased range of  devices that the BT TV app can be used on.  BT Tv packages  normally include the BT Tv App   and  some BT Tv packages also include BT TV App Extra  in their bundle but others  do not.

So what is the name of the TV package you have ?

0 Ratings
Shareenh
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Ah rite I see! Thanks. Ehm I ain’t to sure think it’s just a basic tv package. I shall look into it more once I work out how. Thanks for your reply. 

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

If you have the BT Sport channels on your BT TV package you would normally also have the BT Sport app included as well as the BT TV app. 

That BT Sport app  in that scenario does have ability to chromecast  Bt sport content in standard player mode.

0 Ratings