Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 16

No 4K/HDR on BT Sports app on Now TV box

Go to solution

Somebody reported in another forum that the 4K/HDR feed of Chelsea did not appear on the Now TV 4K box last night - so I thought I'd check tonight.

I can not find the 4K/HDR version of Manchester City this evening on the Now TV box.  The device checker gives green in all boxes.

Tried the Amazon 4K Firestick and the Manchester City games does list and play on that as 4K/HDR.

Any ideas?

---------------------------------------------------------------
using Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited with BT Max 4K package.
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: No 4K/HDR on BT Sports app on Now TV box

Go to solution

Same issue, iphone and TV (Sony Android Apps) both have 4k available but not Now TV box (4k pink model).  Was not working for Man C game last night or Chelsea game on Tue.

Very odd all apps seem to work for 4k bar the Now TV box.  Was fine for Merseyside Derby last Sat.

The TV app is poor and has lots of judder so not usable where as 4k Now TV box looked great so why has this stopped working for recent 4k games?

Only difference I can think from weekend games is the 4k games in CL have not been the main live stream which comes up but a secondary game, wonder if there is a fault with the Now TV app where it will only go 4k HDR if it is the main game at top of menu.  But odd other BT apps don't appear to have this fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

@DarrenDev- any ideas?

Like @pjm77 said - I did notice that usually the 4K/HDR programme is prompted in all apps as the default programme when you load the app. I've just previously selected that without searching.

Last night the 4K/HDR game was not the default game on any app - so I'm not sure of the Now TV 4K box has ever offer HDR from within the menus themselves.

@pjm77wrote:

Same issue, iphone and TV (Sony Android Apps) both have 4k available but not Now TV box (4k pink model).  Was not working for Man C game last night or Chelsea game on Tue.

Very odd all apps seem to work for 4k bar the Now TV box.  Was fine for Merseyside Derby last Sat.

The TV app is poor and has lots of judder so not usable where as 4k Now TV box looked great so why has this stopped working for recent 4k games?

Only difference I can think from weekend games is the 4k games in CL have not been the main live stream which comes up but a secondary game, wonder if there is a fault with the Now TV app where it will only go 4k HDR if it is the main game at top of menu.  But odd other BT apps don't appear to have this fault.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

OK, so I've had a chat with the Roku team.

Ultimate has had to be temporarily turned off due to a new issue with it on Now TV devices - they currently only play the audio track, with no video.

Now TV are rolling out an update to all devices, but this is going to take a week for it to be available to everyone.

As there's no way for users to work around this issue, we've taken the decision to temporarily disable access to Ultimate just from Now TV devices.

We're also now testing a workaround that will work with devices that don't have the update.

We're expecting either the Now TV fix or our client workaround to become available some time next week, so I'm afraid there'll be no Ultimate for the match tonight or on Saturday.  I'll update here when we have a more definite date.

Note: no other platforms (including Roku) are affected. This is Now TV only.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

I did notice the Now box had updated again and wondered if they had broken it.

Thank you for the info

@DarrenDevwrote:

OK, so I've had a chat with the Roku team.

Ultimate has had to be temporarily turned off due to a new issue with it on Now TV devices - they currently only play the audio track, with no video.

Now TV are rolling out an update to all devices, but this is going to take a week for it to be available to everyone.

As there's no way for users to work around this issue, we've taken the decision to temporarily disable access to Ultimate just from Now TV devices.

We're also now testing a workaround that will work with devices that don't have the update.

We're expecting either the Now TV fix or our client workaround to become available some time next week, so I'm afraid there'll be no Ultimate for the match tonight or on Saturday.  I'll update here when we have a more definite date.

Note: no other platforms (including Roku) are affected. This is Now TV only.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@DarrenDev- hi - any update on this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Wondering too for Liverpool game which is on Ultimate tonight, if can't get Ultimate on Now TV my options are juddery app on my Sony TV (think there is some 50fps v 60Hz issue with Sony TVs which cause this, same issue with their inbuilt Chromecast which doesn't allow 50Hz switch) or BT TV box this is smooth and clear but sadly no HDR.

Looking forward to 4k Now TV app fix which seems to be the best hardware I have for streaming at highest quality including HDR.  The BBC Iplayer 7 continents show looks superb in HDR which neither TV app or BT TV box will show in HDR.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Not good news I'm afraid @pjm77 @ozsat ...

The software update rollout on Now TV still hasn't completed, and they can't provide any guarantees on when it will. 

We have a client workaround now in test, however it takes a few days to get signed off.  Now TV don't allow updates on Friday or over the weekend, so it'll likely be Monday Nov 2nd at the earliest before we can get the update out there.

The dev team are closely monitoring the situation, and Ultimate will be re-enabled as soon as we can safely do so.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

@DarrenDev  Thanks for keeping us updated on the issue, much better than being kept in the dark.  Most useful forum I have found and great service from BT.

Highlighted
BT Sport Expert
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

The updated Now TV client is now scheduled for release on November 2nd at 6pm, assuming no last minute issues from Roku certification.

This will re-enable Ultimate in time for Manchester City v Olympiacos on Tuesday evening.