cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 71

Re: No Dolby Atmos on BT Sport App (Shield TV/Fire Stick)

@DarrenDev 

Saturday game - no problems at all with Atmos on the Shield TV, worked first time.  It is definitely more successful recently than previously when it never worked.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 71

Hi @DarrenDev 

More inconsistencies with the Saturday game.  Cannot get Atmos at all via the Shield TV despite several restarts.  Just plain 2.0. Switched over to Fire TV 4k and Atmos works fine with that.  I haven't changed anything at all in my setup, it just seems to work so inconsistently. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 71

My Sony TV (Android BT Sport App) plays 4K broadcasts fine but the sound is is Stereo PCM rather than DD2.0 or DD5.1

Is there an issue with the App? (Netflix and Prime video apps play DD5.1 fine).

thanks,

nick

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 71

What event were you watching @njcollins ? Was it on BT Sport Ultimate?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 71

Hi Darren, I can’t remember now. But it was definitely BT Sport Ultimate as it was in 4K. Many thanks Nick
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 71

We're currently working on a way to get enhanced logging from Android TV devices, but it's not quite ready yet. In the meantime, I'm afraid we don't currently have any way of knowing why devices sometimes fail to report their support for multi-channel audio.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is rebooting the TV when it occurs - it seems to be that a few uses of the BT Sport app is enough to stop the TV from working correctly, but a reboot appears to clear it.

Message 17 of 71

Ok thanks. Will try next time I see some 4K broadcasts on BT Ultimate.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 71

Hi new season started and was hoping this would be fixed but still no joy. Can you advise if this is still being looked at. Using bt app on Philips  55OLED805

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 71

Yes same problem here still.  @DarrenDev please advise if there is any further info or logs that would help figure this out, thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 71

The only issue we're working on at the moment is that the device sometimes thinks it's no-longer capable of multi channel audio.  Rebooting the device always fixes it, so I would recommend you try this first.

If you're still not getting Atmos then that's a different issue which needs separate investigation.

0 Ratings