Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 55

Re: No Enhanced Player for Man U v Barcelona on Mac

Go to solution
Helps if people say how they watching: Browser or app / Platform.
0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 12 of 55

Go to solution
I'll clue you a clue: read the title.

The particular browser was irrelevant in this case because the link to the enhanced player wasn't present where it normally is.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 13 of 55

Go to solution

Hi all - I'm afraid due to one part of the Enhanced player being temporarily blocked (in error) by some AdBlockers a lot of our customers would have seen an error message when trying to access last night's games.

We decided therefore to switch off the Enhanced player so that customers weren't left without knowing how to access a working stream.

We are working on getting this sorted so you can enjoy the Enhanced player's great features asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience for last night's events.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 14 of 55

Go to solution

@KitHwrote:

Hi all - I'm afraid due to one part of the Enhanced player being temporarily blocked (in error) by some AdBlockers a lot of our customers would have seen an error message when trying to access last night's games.

We decided therefore to switch off the Enhanced player so that customers weren't left without knowing how to access a working stream.

We are working on getting this sorted so you can enjoy the Enhanced player's great features asap.

Sorry for the inconvenience for last night's events.

To be clear, I wasn't getting an error message.  I wasn't see a link to the enhanced player where I'd normally expect to see it.  However, the enhanced player was available if you knew where to look - as detailed by @aldavcar.

It played, but it wasn't without issue.  I had a bit of buffering and and loss of audio.  Reloading the page fixed it for a while.

I then switched to my BT TV box, but that wasn't without issue either.  It had a red light on it and needed rebooting - don't know what that was about.  Finally got it working but I'd missed some of the match, obviously.

As usual, sloppy service from BT, and I pay £12.50 a month for the pleasure of having Champions League in HD.  Daylight robbery.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 15 of 55

Go to solution

Hi ploppy, 

Indeed you still would have been able to see the Enhanced player if you had the direct url, but we removed the usual way of accessing it to stop the vast majority of our base being able to see it and a lot of them being blocked by an ad-blocker.

Totally understand this wasn't ideal as we know how much our customers like the Enhanced player and we're working hard to get this sorted asap. But we wanted to protect the experience for thousands and make sure that at the very least everyone could watch the live action in the Standard player on the web, which didn't have any problems.

Not sure about the issue on your TV Box but occasionally it does need rebooting unfortunately. Sorry you didn't have the best experience - I hope you can enjoy the finely poised second legs hassle-free!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 55

Go to solution

@ploppywrote:

I then switched to my BT TV box, but that wasn't without issue either.  It had a red light on it and needed rebooting - don't know what that was about.  Finally got it working but I'd missed some of the match, obviously.

I am curious as to why you did not use your BT TV box as first choice and sorted it out by rebooting well ahead of kick off?

(there has been a recent software update for some boxes and in my experience these sometimes need an extra reboot / power-cycling after the one triggered by the update process)

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 17 of 55

Go to solution

@gomezzwrote:

@ploppywrote:

I am curious as to why you did not use your BT TV box as first choice and sorted it out by rebooting well ahead of kick off?

(there has been a recent software update for some boxes and in my experience these sometimes need an extra reboot / power-cycling after the one triggered by the update process)

Well, it's quite simple mate.  My wife wanted to watch something else on the TV so I needed to watch the first part of the first half on my laptop.

ploppy
Contributor
Message 18 of 55

Go to solution

Should there be an enhanced player for Man U v West Ham?  If so it's hidden away again.  Can't find the fixture on the list of PL games - unlike the Barca match.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 19 of 55

Go to solution

Hi ploppy,

As mentioned earlier in this thread unfortunately some AdBlockers are blocking the enhanced player in error, so we are hiding it to ensure all customers can get a working stream in the Standard player and at least get the live content, if not the great added features.

We're working with adblockers to get it removed from their blacklists asap so we can switch it back on. Sorry for the invonvenience.

0 Ratings
ploppy
Contributor
Message 20 of 55

Go to solution

But unlike the Man  v Barca match, you hid it to the point I couldn't find it under the fixture list.  This was Saturday and it only had fixtures listed from Sunday onwards.  Can you say where the link was hidden so I can find it in future?

Either way, if it's a problem with AdBlocker, why can't you just put a warning on the webpage that if you want to use the enhanced player you have to turn AdBlocker off?  Seems like you've taken a hammer to crack a nut.