Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ploppy
Contributor
Message 31 of 55

Re: No Enhanced Player for Man U v Barcelona on Mac

Go to solution

@dw243983wrote:

MacBook Pro (15 inch, late 2008), OS 10.11.6. Have same issues on both chrome and safari.

Same device as me, except I'm on 10.13.6.  A perfectly capable machine - as you point out, it plays Netflix, NowTV, etc with no problem.  The strange thing is, you'd expect it to have more issues with the enhanced player than the standard player - of course it did until I found the workaround - so it basically shows that the machine is capable.  There's just something seriously wrong with the standard player.  I fear it'll never be fixed though, because we've been reporting the issue for ages.

They also need to fix the enhanced player, of course, because we shouldn't have to use a workaround.  I fear that'll never get fixed either.

It's disgraceful really.  We pay serious money for this.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 32 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks both for the info.

Unfortunatley Apple no longer support the devices you're using so it may be a challenge to find a solution, but I'll see what we can do to get this fixed. I'm not aware of how Netflix etc players work but it's different code to our player so them working doesn't necessarily equate to ours being able to work unfortunately.

As I'm sure you can imagine we aren't able to support every older device out there. On nights like last night we have tens of thousands of Apple Macs working fine and streaming in full HD without this issue so it may be something quite specific to your device.

Our devs are looking to see if there's something we can do to sort.

I hope you were able to enjoy last night's games with the link I provided and similarly are gearing up for the all-England game tonight 🙂

Thanks,

Kit

0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 33 of 55

Go to solution

Yes, I was able to watch last  nights game with the link. What is the link for tonight's game?

Thanks for looking into this. The laptop is not that out-of-date; I have never had any issues with any other online players I have used, just BT sport. This issue was first reported on these forums by other users in February 2018 so it has been over a year without any fix.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 34 of 55

Go to solution
0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 35 of 55

Go to solution

So, has there been any luck fixing these issues? It's been over 6 months and I still have exactly the same problems watching games.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 36 of 55

Go to solution

Hi there - can you specify the issue you're seeing? We sorted out the Adblocker issue last season yes and haven't had any info from customers that they're seeing it return.

Please let me know the behaviour and I'll try to help 🙂

0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 37 of 55

Go to solution

Please see previous posts in this thread from myself and other users explaining the issue.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 38 of 55

Go to solution

The issue on this thread, as I understand it, is that Enhanced player wasn't available. That was back in April and was because we turned off due to an adblocker issue. That problem has been solved and the enhanced player has been available for many many months.

So are you not able to see the enhanced player? Or are you seeing another issue that i'm missing?

thanks.

0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 39 of 55

Go to solution

All posts on this thread from 15/4 onwards relate to the issue I am having. You last responded on 17/4 saying the developers would look into this issue and I have heard nothing since. Please read the posts to understand the issue

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 40 of 55

Go to solution
"Unfortunately, for me, the standard player is almost unwatchable on my laptop (it's a MacBook Pro). It's starts all fuzzy but when it reaches full resolution it starts stuttering and never recovers. It's almost as if the rate adaptive function in the player is broken. I started a topic on this very subject some time ago and many others seemed to have the same problem. I have never found a solution that makes the standard player work"

If you means this then that is a separate problem which should really have been raised in its own topic rather than burying it on here.
0 Ratings