Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 41 of 55

Re: No Enhanced Player for Man U v Barcelona on Mac

Go to solution

Thanks DW got it and apologies i was trawling further back.

Caught up with the devs and no we weren't able to find the root cause of this problem. As I said we see tens of thousands of Apple Macs for our large events and typically haven't seen any issues. I believe the device you're using is now unsupported (2008?). As frustrating as I know this is (especially when other video players are working) it makes it difficult for us to find a fix if it's on a small number of unsupported devices, as you can imagine.

I can only apologise that you're not able to access our content as you'd like. If you could confirm your device model, OS, browser used (and version), your customer type (eg. BT, EE etc), and whether it works on enhanced player or standard player or neither and I can triple check whether there's anything else we've seen similar that could help us find a fix. 

thanks.

dw243983
Beginner
Message 42 of 55

Go to solution

MacBook Pro (15 inch, late 2008), OS 10.11.6. Have same issues on both chrome v78.0.3904.108 and safari. BT customer.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 43 of 55

Go to solution

And both Standard and Enhanced player?

0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 44 of 55

Go to solution

Same issue as previously. Both players are unwatchable quality. But if I open the team line ups in the enhanced player the quality becomes ok.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 55

Go to solution

While we are on the topic of despoilering can I plead that the Enhanced Player does *not* have the enhanced play-bar on by default which shows when goals, cards, wickets etc have occurred / will occur further into the match?

As said above and as I have said several times before they need to get rid of the hipster developers who think it is cool to have this stuff and replace them with sports fans who know what is really needed and wanted by the viewer.

Or failing that, if the hipsters want a real challenge to their skills then change the enhanced play-bar to only show goals, cards and wickets up to the current play-point.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 46 of 55

Go to solution

Hi gomezz,

Thanks for your comments. Currently for replays in our enhanced player none of the icons appear before the event takes place, so you shouldn't see any spoilers in the timeline during replays. Let me know if that isn't the case for you.

And on your second point - believe it or not our developers are sports fans and the enhanced player is loved by the vast majority of our customer base.

I am sorry to say that some of them are also hipsters though 😞 . And I'm even more sorry to say we aren't able to 'get rid' of them just because of that particular life choice 😉 . If only we had that kind of power!

Any other feedback please let us know!

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 55

Go to solution
Ah! I see that the enhanced play-bar has changed since I last risked using it. Still have to navigate a couple of pages of spoiler-ridden screens before you get to start playback. May I suggest you look at Amazon Prime and how they present their catch up completely spoiler free. They have only been going at it one day and already streets ahead on that (lack of) score.
0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 48 of 55

Go to solution

As I mentioned we are looking at Spoilers - and apologies it's a frustration for you. Me too to be honest! I think Amazon had more time to spend on it because they didn't bother nailing viewing time delay, buffering, crashing, match-switcher or an enhanced timeline 😉

Always appreciate the feedback gomezz and spoilers are definitely something we want to add. Watch this space!

0 Ratings
dw243983
Beginner
Message 49 of 55

Go to solution

I wouldn't exactly say BT are "nailing" the online viewing experience at the moment. Myself and other users reported on this thread that the online players were unwatchable over 6 months ago and still nothing has been fixed. Rather than get carried away with match-switching or enhanced timeline which don't add much value, it would be better to focus on just providing a basic player that works.

As for comparing to amazon prime video, I used their player to watch games the last two nights with absolutely no problem on the same laptop BT claims is too old for their online players. The viewing experience and quality on amazon was infinitely better to BT.

0 Ratings
BT Sport Expert
BT Sport Expert
Message 50 of 55

Go to solution

Forgive me dw243983 - not getting 'carried away' as you say, just having a bit of fun at Amazon's expense. Don't get the opportunity very often these days where they dominate almost every facet of life!

As I've said, I'm really sorry you aren't able to enjoy the experience on the web as the vast majority of our base do - and indeed many on older Mac devices such as yours have no issues at all. It's extremely difficult to diagnose a problem when it's occurring on such a small number of devices, seemingly at random, especially if the devices in question are unsupported. We do of course strive for all of our customers to be able to enjoy our content on all platforms but it's not always possible to cover every base.

I have taken your details and have asked the guys to take another look, but can't make any promises for a fix I'm afraid. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings