cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

No HDR

I'm on the chromecast with google tv. I have all the correct settings for hdr and it says the game is available in hdr, however when I play the content it does not play in hdr. How do I fix this issue? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: No HDR

What does the device checker say? (Found under the cog in the top right corner)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

It's green ticks across the board for everything. The only way I can get it in hdr is on the chromecast settings by selecting display to show everything in hdr. This isn't really ideal as it would require me to keep changing the settings depending on what I'm watching and it should play automatically depending on the content 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Checking your sessions last night watching Liverpool vs Villa Real on BT Sport Ultimate, they were all using the HDR video stream. That's across all the devices you used last night: Android mobile (both standard and enhanced player), Android TV, and Samsung TV.

What made you think it wasn't HDR?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Until I selected everything to play in hdr it wasn't automatically playing in hdr. The picture settings was just standard settings and there was no hdr logo in the top right hand screen like there usually is when I play hdr content. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

The app was serving you the HDR stream every time, so if your TV didn't recognise that it was HDR then I can only assume it was something with your device settings.

I have my device configured as follows:

Display and sound:

Resolution: 4k 60Hz

Dynamic range and colour format: 

Dynamic range format preference: HDR

Match content dynamic range: Match content

I assume it was this last setting that you were changing to "Always HDR"?  With mine on Match content, it works perfectly every time.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Yes when my settings were set to match content then it wasn't playing in hdr 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@DarrenDevwrote:
Checking your sessions last night watching Liverpool vs Villa Real on BT Sport Ultimate, they were all using the HDR video stream. That's across all the devices you used last night: Android mobile (both standard and enhanced player), Android TV, and Samsung TV.

What made you think it wasn't HDR?

@DarrenDev  Your above makes Liverpool's performance appear even worse! They were actually thrashed 5-2 by the mighty Real Madrid, having enjoyed a 2-0 lead for all of 7 minutes. Villareal are not doing very well this season!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@Carlusha oops - well spotted. Not sure how I managed that.

@aaronjensen96 I don't know what to say then I'm afraid. You were served the HDR stream, which only contains HDR video. Either the Google TV was converting the video, or the TV wasn't recognising that it was HDR.

I missed a device from the list earlier - Xbox One.  Did that and the Samsung TV app report that it was HDR OK? Or were they on a different TV?

Message 10 of 12

Yes the xbox series x was on the same tv and played in hdr however the sound was completely out if sync which is why I changed device. I then tried it on my firestick however there was more of a judder but played In hdr, which is when I changed to the chromecast 

0 Ratings