cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjay1
Message 1 of 9

No Sound through HDMI

OK, been watching BT Sports on my Mac whilst youview and tv taken over by kids. Tried to conenct the Mac to a second tv with a HDMI cable. Can get the picture with no problem on the TV but no sound...sound only coming though the Mac. Checked with Apple and other websites, seems to be an issue only with BT Sports. Any ideas peeps?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
DaveNew
Message 2 of 9

Re: No Sound through HDMI

We have exactly the same problem, starting within the past two weeks.

We have tried Google Chrome browser in case it is a Safari issue with no improvement and the app. Mirror for Samsung TV, which also produced a picture with no sound.

Contact at BT didn't help, they advised "we do not support the connection between Mac and TV as that is related to the troubleshooting of MAC and the TV , we are trained on the youview  boxes. Also when you watch it on browser and app , but not through the MAC to the TV. However the technical management centre are working so they can give us a resolution or alternate solution which can help customers."  Makew of that what you can.  They also recommend buying a Google Chromecast kit but I've no reason to believe this will work.

I think it is a BTSport issue that they need to fix.

0 Ratings
ianc3eee
Message 3 of 9

I Have same problem with windows recently...all of a sudden ..no sound through HDMI...but only with BT site.....whats going on ...no reply from BT at all ?

0 Ratings
eves
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I have a similiar-ish issue when I try to mirror BT Sport onto my TV via my Apple TV. It was working fine until recently. I have repeatedly tried to get help from BT but had no luck. This included rebooting all my devices, switching HDMI cables. They suggested I contact Apple, which I did this morning, but despite spending ages trying different things there remains no solution. Apple reckon that in my case BT Sport is out of synch with the recent updates that Apple have rolled-out across all its devices.

What is interesting is that I can mirror the BBC iplayer (website) from my laptop successfully but not ITV, who have the same issue as BT Sport (picture but no sound).

0 Ratings
jayjay1
Message 5 of 9

BT Support are clueless. I went through all the diagnostics with Apple support and tried numerous websites. The problem is with BT, no doubt about it

0 Ratings
eves
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Perhaps, BT don't like it when BT Sports App subscribers watch their content on their TVs. I remember when you used to be mirror directly from your tablet & smartphone until BT put a stop to it. 

0 Ratings
Peter000
Message 7 of 9

Had the same problem on windows, went to control panel and disabled laptop speakers and hey presto sound coming through hdmi again hope this helps. 

0 Ratings
eves
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Well played, Sir. I have had a fiddle on my Macbook but with no luck. I am not sure I can't 'hack' my away around this.

Windows 1-0 Apple

0 Ratings
DaveNew
Message 9 of 9

I have bought the MacOS app "Mirror for Samsung"  for about £10 and this allows me to watch BT Sport and hear the sound.  There is a little disturbance from buffering but it is much better than watching in silence or listening to the laptop speaker.

0 Ratings