cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

No bt sports on youview or btvision

After being on the phone for three hours, I got bt to change my youview box for btvision box free of charge, yes I thought sports channels here I come, only to recieve a phone call from bt that even with a btvision box I wont be able to recieve said channels as my local transmitter is not up to it. Confused is a understatement. Anyone any info on this?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 11

Re: No bt sports on youview or btvision

Not all TV transmitters carry all the channels.  The main ones carry the whole lot, but some repeaters only carry the main channels.

BT Sport is on Multiplex 6 http://www.ukfree.tv/allchannelsmuxes.php so see if you can get any of the other channels on it.

0 Ratings
Rosneath
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

As "Ectophile" says not all relay transmitters carry all the channels. I think BT Use http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/ or maybe just its data. The coverage this site states for my postcode gives me just the main channels for my location. This is not the transmitter actually being used, according to the site I'am using an alternative. Ukfree.tv gives me the correct transmitter. Tried informing them of this the wall understood better, I stated that I have a FreeView TV with all Freeview channels, still would not believe me -on the joys of India-. It took me ages to get the CS people to give me BTVision and then they stated that it was at my risk if I could only get 19 main TV channels. Morale of story if you already have a freeview TV and can receive all the channels take what the CS script followers say with a pinch of salt. Dave
0 Ratings
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

the whole thing is a joke. Seemingly at rural BB customers. Not once until today has anybody mentioned that transmitters are a problem veiwing BTS.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Salcombedrewsy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Totally agree with you. Sold bt vision without knowing about transmitter problems. Now got a bt vision box and no sport channels. Disappointed to say the least and the fact this wont change as its too expensive to upgrade the transmitters
0 Ratings
munko123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I was told today that switching to btvision would sort the problem. Box was on its way then informed by BT that btvision wouldnt show channels because of the transmitter is a relay. **bleep** and elbow come to mind.

0 Ratings
emiliah
Message 7 of 11

I'm in the same position regarding local transmitter. Was passed to 3 or 4 different BT depts. and no-one knew why I couldn't access Sport. Eventually told due to not getting full freeview channels. Anyone know who is responsible for the transmitters?
0 Ratings
kev2012
Message 8 of 11

^Same problem; spent around 7hours yesterday resetting my kit, unplugging replugging, checking for faults, only today to find out BT Sport IS NOT available to me via Freeview aerial.

I was sold BT Vision, box and the monthly subscription entirely on the premise BT Sport could be received, this isn't the case of the BT caller not telling me by "forgetting" or "not checking" availability in my area.  I specifically asked FIVE TIMES during my sign-up telephone call "you are certain i can get BT Sport with the set-up i have in my house; i.e via an aerial, on the post Code XXX and with the telephone number XXX" ... "yes 100% sure you can get it through your BT Vision on your TV using your Freeview aerial".

This summounts to misselling.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

The transmitters are operated by Arqiva http://www.arqiva.com/tv/

It's anyone's guess whether Arqiva will ever bother rolling out full coverage to all the transmitters.  The government has already sold off part of the TV frequency spectrum to the mobile phone companies, and is seriously considering selling off more.  They are looking at shutting down the whole terrestrial TV system in the longer term, with the expectation that we'll all be watching over broadband or satellite by then.

0 Ratings
mikeguitar
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

surely after all the expenditure on the upgrade of transmitter sites to digital multiplex they arent going to ditch the lot?????

0 Ratings