Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scamartist
Contributor
Message 1 of 36

No button for full screen when watching channel on PC

Watching BT sport 2 FA cup game Liverpool v West Ham using browser on PC and there is no button for full screen which is usually available.

Tried 3 different browsers and same result.

Button is usually there also tried other channels with same result.

Why do BT seem to experiment with things when big events are on?

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
trueman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 36

Re: No button for full screen when watching channel on PC

I experienced exactly the same thing trying to watch the match last evening. First time in over 2 years I've not had the full screen and volume control buttons showing. It's still the same this morning. Very annoying. I tried all the obvious tests such as rebooting router, rebooting pc, testing different channels, using different browsers etc, all to no avail.

Strangely I only experienced that on my pc. My laptop was fine even though they both have the same wi-fi connection and both have the same operating system (Win7).

Any ideas on how to resolve this please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 36

Just had a quick try on a Win 10 desktop.

Experience the problem with no button  on my PC when using the Firefox 44.0.1 browser (that version was released this week)

but both

Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers have the button as expected.

0 Ratings
trueman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 36

For me I can no longer see the button in any browser. Last weekend when I was watching the footie and prior to that it was fine so it's something that's only just occured.

0 Ratings
ibizapeter
Beginner
Message 5 of 36

have the same problem, nothing seems to correct it. as someone else has said it must be BT playing games!

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 36

Lost the ability to watch BT Sport full screen

Hi

Last night was happily watching footie. Had to do something else for a while and when I returned, the icon that lets you extend to full screen had disappeared. Just tried again now and it's still not there!

Is this just me? Watching on windows 7 PC.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 36

Re: Lost the ability to watch BT Sport full screen

@Longshanks have you tried using a different browser like chrome or firefox?

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 36

Sorry, using Firefox. I was experiencing some probs with messages appearing indicating that plug in not responding but that was with general surfing. Have just checked again and when you hit watch now, you only get the stop button at bottom left and not the full screen one on the bottom right (where it has always resided). Don't have this issue with Sky Go despite using Firefox.

Also this: Advised a while back that silverlight plug in no longer compatible with Chrome so had to use alternative browser. Have used Firefox for ages with no issues till yesterday. Also tried IE 11 ans still no way to get full screen.

Surely can't be just me as nowt unique about my set up and glitch only started yesterday!!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 36

0 Ratings
Longshanks
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 36

Yes but no resolution there unfortunately.

0 Ratings