cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonnyDunk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: No option for BT Sport Ultimate channel on iOS or Android

Followed that exactly and still nothing. I also spent over an hour on the phone to the BT Sport Accounts team and app/TV team. They are none the wiser as to why I can't access the content I should be. At this stage it must be down to my peripherals but I don't see why this is an issue.

iPhone 8 running latest iOS and latest version of BT Sport app

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with latest OS and latest version of BT Sport app

Google Chromecast Ultra connected to BT Smart Hub via Ethernet

LG OLED55C7V and I have attached a photo showing the picture settings that indicate HDR is not being broadcast and that I have the required Max 4K package

Non HDR.jpg

Max 4K.png

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 17

You actually get the channel 'BT Sport Ultimate' when the correct stream is selected and not 'BT Sport X'.

I found the Chromecast a bit of a problem to get streaming in HDR at first and had to change some tv settings - make should UHD HDMI Color is ON.

Tried a different HDMI port on the tv?  On my tv the Ultra only works on ports 1 and 2 - even though 3 and 4 do HDR.

Next event in Man City tonight.

@JonnyDunkwrote:

Followed that exactly and still nothing. I also spent over an hour on the phone to the BT Sport Accounts team and app/TV team. They are none the wiser as to why I can't access the content I should be. At this stage it must be down to my peripherals but I don't see why this is an issue.

iPhone 8 running latest iOS and latest version of BT Sport app

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 with latest OS and latest version of BT Sport app

Google Chromecast Ultra connected to BT Smart Hub via Ethernet

LG OLED55C7V and I have attached a photo showing the picture settings that indicate HDR is not being broadcast and that I have the required Max 4K package

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using BT Hub 6A with BT TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) via 5GHz WiFi.
0 Ratings
JonnyDunk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Tried all HDMI ports on my TV with 3 different devices and still can't access the BT Sports Ultimate channel on the streams. Shall be returning my Chromecast Ultra at the weekend and cancelling my BT 4K package. Thanks for your attempted help.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 17

Before you do that - I gave up using the Chromecast Ultra and got the Now TV Smart Box.

I find the picture quality on BT Sport Ultimate is much better and does UHD and HDR.

You do NOT need a Now TV subscription to use the box and it has Netflix and iPlayer in HDR too.

May be worth you looking at that  -  cheaper too.

@JonnyDunkwrote:

Tried all HDMI ports on my TV with 3 different devices and still can't access the BT Sports Ultimate channel on the streams. Shall be returning my Chromecast Ultra at the weekend and cancelling my BT 4K package. Thanks for your attempted help.

0 Ratings
DaMacFunkin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

Mmm your troubles have put me off buying a CC Ultra, this stuff should just work.
0 Ratings
JonnyDunk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

*Update*

Purchased a Now TV 4K Box as previously instructed. Comes with a very handy "Compatibility Checker" and confirmed that I do not have the right account for "BT Sport Ultimate" which despite many phonecalls this week and last was never expressed to me. I was repeatedly told I had the correct account for such content but "Max 4K" does not cover BT Sport Ultimate apparently. Despite the website detailing lower minimum speeds for devices other than the set-top box I will never be eligible for 4K/HDR due to my current speeds. BT cannot activate Ultimate for me without the minimum speeds of 44Mbps. Wish I had as helpful a customer service representative tonight at the start of this process. Locked into current package + HD BT Sport for another year with no FTTP on the horizon. Have already applied for Community-led FTTP for my area but don't hold out much hope. Thanks for all the help provided otherwise.

0 Ratings
ozsat
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 17

At least you've found out why you had problems.

If you are using Ethernet  - the Now TV box internet checking will tell you the speed it is getting.

@JonnyDunkwrote:

*Update*

Purchased a Now TV 4K Box as previously instructed. Comes with a very handy "Compatibility Checker" and confirmed that I do not have the right account for "BT Sport Ultimate" which despite many phonecalls this week and last was never expressed to me. I was repeatedly told I had the correct account for such content but "Max 4K" does not cover BT Sport Ultimate apparently. Despite the website detailing lower minimum speeds for devices other than the set-top box I will never be eligible for 4K/HDR due to my current speeds. BT cannot activate Ultimate for me without the minimum speeds of 44Mbps. Wish I had as helpful a customer service representative tonight at the start of this process. Locked into current package + HD BT Sport for another year with no FTTP on the horizon. Have already applied for Community-led FTTP for my area but don't hold out much hope. Thanks for all the help provided otherwise.

0 Ratings