cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

No subscription channels after connecting mini router

Go to solution

Hi

In order to improve my wi-fi connection in our house with 2 feet thick stone walls I have bought a mini smart router, I've connected the mini smart router to my BT Hub via the WAN port on the mini router. All is working well, internet connection is good, wi-fi is much much better BUT when I connect my new mini router to my BT Vision box (YouView) with the LAN connection I can't get my BT Sport channels - it gives an error code of ipc6023 and asks me to check my internet connection, I have entered the youview settings and it says that I AM connected to the internet.

Any idea whats going on and how to get my sports channels back?

Any help much appreciated

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: No subscription channels after connecting mini router

Go to solution

Does catchup work OK?

So as the Youview box is connected via the mini-hub it's entirely possible that the mini-hub does not support multicast transmissions which is the protocol that BT use for BT Sport.

Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply Tim. Catch up seems to be working ok
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@3billy3 

If you tell the make & model of the mini router we can probably check if that's the issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

It's a GL iNet Mango Mini Smart Router

2AFIW 300NV2

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@3billy3 

I've just re-read you first post and if I read it correctly you're having this problem because you use the HomeHub to send data wirelessly to the mini-router and connect that (the mini-router) to the Youview box by ethernet.

Unless you have a SmartHub 2 that won't work because all other hubs cannot transmit multicast over wifi , not overly sure about the SmartHub 2 actually.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Im not using a wireless connection.

I have the mini router connected to the BT Hub via a cable, and the mini router is connected to the BT youview box with a cable. The youview box says it is "connected to broadband" and I can access BT catch up services - I just can't connect to any "extra" subscription channels such as BT sport.

I can also wirelessly connect to the new mini router with my phone and my laptop and it is a good connection with everything working well.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Can I ask why the Youview box is being connected to the mini-hub?

I assume you've set it's IP address within the non-DHCP range of the Hub and the DNS server to be the IP address of the Hub, disabled DHCP etc .

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply again Tim, like i said im not technically minded. The youview box is connected to the mini router because that is what I thought I was meant to do - especially as there is a port on the mini router and a cable supplied with it as well, I just assumed that was what I was meant to do.

As for the other questions - the answer is no, haven't tried anything like that and to be honest I don't really understand it, I've obviously bitten off more that I can chew!

It has certainly worked in that I have fixed the awfull wi-fi signal problem (due to the 2 foot thick walls)

I think maybe I will just have to run another cable from the BT Hub to the youview box and not run it through the mini router - I foolishly thought it would be simple to just hook youview up to the mini router. Its quite a distance from the hub to the youview box and involves cables being run up and down walls and through the loft etc.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@3billy3 

I'm totally confused.

So do have a cable from the hub that runs up and down walls and through the loft etc to the mini-router already and then a short cable from the mini router to the Youview box? And that gives you good wifi in your lounge etc?

If that is the case then no need for extra cables as all you need where the mini router & Youview box are located is a 5 port hub that the long cable would connect to and then one to the mini router and one to the Youview box. I'd recommend a TP-Link SG105 - specifically as it handles the BT channels well . That avoids more long cabling and should keep the mini router out of the equation and give you back BT Sport.

0 Ratings