cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Not able to upgrade Bt sports app to support ultimate 4k ?

Go to solution

Hi Team

I opted for BT Sports monthly pass yesterday hoping I would be able to watch live sports in 4k in my BT sports app . I am using Samsung galaxy s9 plus which supports HDR and 4k both. But I am not able to see any option to watch it in BT sport Ultimate in app. and when I am trying to upgrade the app using my BT account online , it says Order journeys are not for BT Sports monthly pass. I have called the customer support as well and they said even they would not be able to help. I am really disappointed now as I specifically opted for this to watch it in 4k. Please suggest.

Thanks !!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Not able to upgrade Bt sports app to support ultimate 4k ?

Go to solution
BT Sport Ultimate is only available for selected events. Where available, your device will automatically play the HDR stream when you select the event from the front screen of the app.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply Darren !

Yeah I am ware it is for selected events only but even in that case I only got an option to watch the game in BT Sports 2 HD and  I believe they have a dedicated BT sports Ultimate channel to telecast these events in UHD. I cant see that channel anywhere in the app and however other channels were available. The website says you will have to upgrade your app to watch it in UHD. See :

Nitesh_0-1632918974615.png

But I am getting error while trying to add it saying order journey is not available for BT Sports monthly pass user.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
You'll only see the option for Ultimate on your mobile if the event is HDR - none of last night's matches were.
Man U v Villareal tonight is HDR, so you'll see the option then.
Your monthly pass already entitles you to watch in 4K / HDR on supported devices - you don't need an add on.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Was PSG vs Man city not ? Anyways if that is the case then it may be a good news for me and I will check during Manu vs Villareal game. And so how it works is you will still be on Bt sports 2 hd and if its in HDR it will automatically be improved , I mean i dnt have to switch to any diff channel. Right ?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
When you launch the app before the match this evening, there'll be a big advert for the match. Click that, and it'll launch into the HDR experience.
If you launch the channel instead, you'll see a prompt appear saying it's also available to watch on Ultimate - click that and it'll upgrade to the HDR stream.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Ok. Will try that this evening !!
Thanks for your replies !!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Yes , its available in HDR !! Thanks a lot !!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Great to hear. Thanks for confirming.
0 Ratings