cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Now TV - how do you use it?

Hello

I had a house move ordered well in advance for March 11th and dropped my Sky subscription with BT Sports and moved everything onto my BT Broadband with an order for BT TV VIP.

4 days after the move and 16 hours of calls and call queueing later, I have no service and no TV in the new home.

I'm hoping my latest calls have fixed the problems. Happy to document if people want to know what can go wrong but I can honestly say that it was not on my part.

I'm now told that the new router and tv equipment will go live on April 1st and I have 2 weeks to get through without TV. OK in normal times but tough in the lockdown after having had Sky TV on tap for many years.

Staying temporarily at a location where there is broadband, I'm trying to use Now TV to fill the gap which comes with the VIP subscription and I have received the 6 digit code from Now TV by email but when I log into the Now TV account I have with the email name given to BT for the service, I do not see any passes. When I enter the 6 digit code into the Now TV account (voucher codes in My Account management) it doesn't accept it. And I can't find how to activate the service.

Various BT advisors through my tale of woe have told me that the Now TV service would be activated straight away even before the Broadband and BT TV service is live. They ask for the 6 digit code that I have received from Now TV, put it into their system and I suppose that sets it all up between the 2 companies.

When I contact Now TV, they refer me to BT. When I call BT (and believe me, I have for hours) I can't break through this deadlock.

So, I don't know if it's me being stupid and not understanding how it activates. (It's not a Sky email address, I've seen that issue when searching this forum, it's an Apple email address - me.com). Or if it's something to do with the ongoing chaos of accidentally automatically cancelled orders needing to be reinstated on the BT system. I have had to go through the ordering process 4 times along the way!

Any help gratefully received. It's just the bit about getting access to Now TV that I'm pleading for help on. Not the other stuff about getting the broadband and TV service installed in the first place. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Now TV - how do you use it?

It should be quite simple, the email on which you received the code should also have contained a link for you to create a password, did you do that?

Once you have your account setup, you should be able to log in to it and click on My Account, in there you should see what passes you have bought and a message telling you to manage your account on BT

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, Les.

Maybe things have changed because the email I received from NowTV with the 6 digit passcode number did not have a link. I created a new account on NowTV using my email address that I had given to BT for the NowTV usage and NowTV used to send me the passcode.

The email says "Enter this code to continue setting up your account - or give it to the advisor if you're signing up over the phone. (I was asked for it by the BT advisor and he said he needed to enter it in the BT system)."

The email goes on to say "This passcode will give our partner access to your Now TV account, so any existing passes you might have can be transferred over."

There's an area in the Manage My Account for Now TV when you can buy passes or add a voucher. But the 6 digit code from BT just gets bounced out as not recognised so I don't think that's where to apply the code.

I'm lost. I tried calling BT again yesterday. I'm not being facetious but it was a 55 minute call involving only one lengthy queue and then a transfer to a second person when I had explained my issue. The second person was clueless.

Has anyone else out there got any ideas, please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

It does sound as if the process has changed since I activated mine.

Maybe one of the mods can help, @NeilO is pretty good sorting out this kind of problem

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hello thills51

You are not alone!

You have just written my issue, literally word for word in both your messages [apart from a previous Sky subscription]. Thank you, you saved several minutes of my life that are very valuable in relation to the hours that I've spent calling BT various advisors and departments.

Generally advisors are pleasant and trying to help, but PLEASE NOTE BT: the advice is inconsistent with a not very deep understanding of technical issues! They tend to tell me what I can see on MY BT app account details.  I've been transferred to 'BT Business' in Dublin, 'BT Home Move' when being told that I'm being transferred to Technical Support!  Had a new TV package linked to an address of seven and a half years ago.

BT encouraged an upgrade following their numerous letters & emails earlier this year about their change in TV packages. Why is a service 'Use on other devices' being offered and paid for that is not fully supported?  Therefore offering a product for sale that is not fulfilled?

thills51  I am in the same position with another six digit code sent to Now, to transfer my old NOW Sky Sports pass...this works, but nothing else in the BT/NOW VIP Package [online]. The other components 'Entertainment' 'Cinema' et al haven't been linked to my online/iphone Now app usage.

TV listings don't work on my desktop Mac.

BT Sports and 'Comedy Central' work on my iPhone, but not full listings.

The initial upgrade did have all programmes working on my smart TV including NOW/Sky, but not on devices. With further cancelling and reordering and a new six digit pass I have now lost the Now TV all channels, that was working on my TV.

If it helps, you can watch BT Sports online via bt.com landing page, in the header bar go to TV/BT Sports and the BT Sports channels stream....but not in the TV listings.

So, I'll make my daily call to BT tomorrow of at least an hour [three hours last Friday] and perhaps something's moved on.

Like you, I'm asking for the VIP Package to be working on my Smart TV, my desktop Mac, my iPhone and still have to try my MacBook tablet.....as advertised.

If I hear anything, will report back.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Thanks, Seagull_007.

I gave up. None of my services ever worked after my move and I cancelled it all. 4 times now, after queuing on the phone for ages, I've had it confirmed that my services are cancelled. But I still get messages about attempts to get things working. Currently on-hold to BT trying to get confirmation that it's all cancelled again, Broadband and TV, but even that seems too hard. Oddly, I got the services from Sky with 1 phone call and no problems!

0 Ratings