cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Only Ultimate Channel will work on Samsung TV Bt Sport App

For some reason, the only channel that will play on my Samsung tv app is the Ultimate channel in 4k. No other channels will play, I just get the generic error message.

This is happening on 2 different Samsung tv models I have, so I assume its software related? Both are 4k, and 2018 models. The app on my Android mobile works fine, as does the Windows 10 app on my PC.

Anyone else encountered this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Only Ultimate Channel will work on Samsung TV Bt Sport App

You've got us totally baffled on that one I'm afraid.

Have you tried playing any clips or on-demand video, instead of just the live channels?  The Ultimate channel has content in a different format to all other content in the app, so I'm keen to know if clips also fail the same.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Darren, no nothing else will play. All i get is after a while trying, the error code VC019.

Right now, when there is nothing being broadcast on the Ultimate channel, I cannot play anthing...no channels. on demand or anything.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately we're stumped.  The video player on your TV is just saying "prepare failed" and doesn't give any further details.

The advice we've been given by Samsung on this is (test the app between each step):

1. Check for TV software updates

2. Reinstall the app

3. Factory reset the TV

If these steps fail, Samsung have advised that you should call their helpdesk and they can remotely control your TV to obtain further details on the cause of failure.

0 Ratings