Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
necgm01
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Only able to see 507 and 508 on EPG but don't have Infinity

Hi,

I have a black Vision+ box and a BT Sport viewing card.

On the EPG I can only see the channels 507 and 508, not the expected 58 and 59. I've reset the box and rescanned for channels many times.

The Vision+ box doesn't seem to recognise the viewing card and I've also tried to activate it online with no success.

I can't actually watch the 507/508 channels - the picture is scrambled and they crash my broadband with a message saying "Your viewing was interupted due to a problem with your Broadband" (broadband works fine up until then).

Any ideas how I resolve this?

Thanks,

Colin.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Only able to see 507 and 508 on EPG but don't have Infinity

Your box has been upgraded to the multicast version of the software. This hides channels 58 and 59, adds all the multicast channels to the EPG (including 507 - 512), and no longer uses the viewing card. Was this a mistake by BT bearing in mind you are not on Infinity? Not necessarily as there is a limited ADSL multicast service available to customers in selected locations.  

Others with similar symptoms posted on this thread. Have a read through and see if it makes sense.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-on-BT-Vision/Freeview-retune-has-lost-BTSport-1-amp-2-o...

0 Ratings
tvwatcher
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

I have seen this mentioned before as well, if you contact a MOD with your details they should be able to get the correct software sent to your box

0 Ratings
necgm01
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Thanks both,

Read through the other threads and can see that I am indeed set-up for multicast.  I have the HH3 but checked the ADSL site and my line doesn't support multicast.

So will drop a request to the Mods to try and get this resolved.

Regards,

Colin.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

BT can easily reinstall the standard software on the box, however the OP shouldn't just assume it's the incorrect version of the software. If they are eligible for sports channels over ADSL then that is a better service as it provides SD channels at a better quality and also provides the ESPN channel.

There can be many reasons why it isn't working correctly, just one of which is that the customer isn't eligible and the software was installed by mistake. Other reasons could be using an incompatible router (which BT should upgrade for free), using power line adapters which are causing issues, not having a stable or fast enough broadband sync speed, the sports channels delivery profile for the customer's account not being set up correctly, the customer's entitlements not set up correctly, a problem at the cabinet or other multicast infrastructure, etc.

The first thing to do if you are on ADSL and have been upgraded to the multicast software is to try and find out whether you are eligible for the limited multicast service or not. I admit though that is easier said than done using the normal tech support number. Unfortunately I don't know of any other way of checking (other than a Moderator looking onto it). 

necgm01,

You said,

I can't actually watch the 507/508 channels - the picture is scrambled and they crash my broadband with a message saying "Your viewing was interupted due to a problem with your Broadband"

Do you see any of the picture at all or hear any sound? That would only happen if the service is supported on your line. 

Which version of BTHomeHub are you using?

Also, what does it say on the Vision+ box for MLTV1 if you look in

Help & Settings > Settings > Entitlement Information

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

@necgm01 wrote:

Thanks both,

Read through the other threads and can see that I am indeed set-up for multicast.  I have the HH3 but checked the ADSL site and my line doesn't support multicast.

So will drop a request to the Mods to try and get this resolved.

Regards,

Colin.

A HH3 should be ok (though there are two different types A & B, and also different firmware versions).

If you look on the other thread someone found that the channels over ADSL service works when the online checker says that their line doesn't support 'Fibre Multicast' so I wouldn't go by that. That must only be relevant for Infinity connections.

0 Ratings
nikoniablue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

I have the exact same problem. The other thread covers various circumstances but doesn't have the answer to this one.  I have channels 507 etc but not 58 & 59.  System says its set up for multicast but the CA Network Info shows no connection and won't synchronise (gives perpetual "Try Later" message) and no entitlements at all are shown on the relevant page.  I have HH3 and about 6mb/s broadband, black Vision box, so it ought to work.  I have a viewing card too but it does nothing when inserted and I've followed all of the turn off and on again instructions.   I did try emailing BT following failure to get anywhere on the telephone. Does anyone have any idea how I should proceed?    Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
BenK1234
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

nikoniablue it sounds to me like you should be watching via channel 58 and 59 as you have a viewing card, I thikn you may be on the wrong client built, if so apolgises. you will need to contact a MOD via the contact us and they can look into this for you and if I am right they will send the correct client to your box which shoudl correct this if all your subscriptions are correct
BT TV Expert

I am a BT Employee and an expert on TV queries. I am here to give advice primarily on BT Vision. Go here for more info.

If my post has been helpful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
nikoniablue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Thanks Ben.  I'm new on here.  By MOD I take it you mean "moderator" (not Ministry of Defence :-)).  How do I do that?  Is there a PM option or something, or is it just an email to the regular helpdesk?  Thanks for quick reply by the way.

0 Ratings
KFCSpike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

@nikoniablue wrote:

I have the exact same problem. The other thread covers various circumstances but doesn't have the answer to this one.  I have channels 507 etc but not 58 & 59.  System says its set up for multicast but the CA Network Info shows no connection and won't synchronise (gives perpetual "Try Later" message) and no entitlements at all are shown on the relevant page.  I have HH3 and about 6mb/s broadband, black Vision box, so it ought to work.  I have a viewing card too but it does nothing when inserted and I've followed all of the turn off and on again instructions.   I did try emailing BT following failure to get anywhere on the telephone. Does anyone have any idea how I should proceed?    Thanks in advance.

Hi nikoniablue,

I had the same symptoms but with an old (v2 or maybe older?) HH - I bought a new HH4 (before I realised they were swapping out for free) and it worked perfectly.
Might be worth asking them to send a new HH (free of charge) to see if it clears your problem?
If they do, and it still doesn't work, then ask them to switch you back to via the aerial (and you have a new hub Smiley Wink )

0 Ratings