Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rwp789
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Ordering BT Sport: telephone/postcode mismatch

I've been trying to add BT Sport to my Sky TV (without BT Broadband), but each time I get the message that my telephone no./postcode don't match my BT account, although I'm 100% sure that the details are correct (they're the same as on my BT bill).

I've heard there are database issues that need to be corrected before I can order, can anyone at BT help me out here? Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Ordering BT Sport: telephone/postcode mismatch

To add BT Sport free to Sky TV you have to have a BT Broadband subscription

It maybe that because you don't want BT Broadband there will be a charge for this, have you tried following the order process on www.btsport.com (ensuring you click add bt sport) then select that you want to pay for it

0 Ratings
rwp789
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Yep, that's what I've done. You then have to enter all your details, plus your BT telephone no. and postcode, which is what I did as well. These details are 100% correct, yet I still get the mismatch error. This is a BT database error, which can be resolved easily if a BT representative would just let me know how to proceed.

So, is there anyone from BT here who can help out?

0 Ratings
rwp789
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

So, over 2 weeks later and I'm still unable to order BT Sport online. The website still says that my BT telephone no. and postcode don't match, even though they're definitely the same as on my BT bills. Is there anyone from BT here who can help?

0 Ratings
FearlessFred
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

This forum is basically for customers to talk to each other, rather than BT to answer questions I'm afraid. It may be an idea to call up BT to order it over the phone, rather then trying online. That way you can talk to a person, rather than having to work within the strict database online...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

try the online chat and see if they can sort out your account 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings