cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: PlayStation 5 4K & HDR

Go to solution
Update: turns out they've got 4K working, but 4K HDR still has some issues.
I'm pushing to get 4K SDR enabled ASAP and have HDR follow when ready, but with the new football season starting tomorrow the focus is on stability for at least a week or two.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @DarrenDev, thanks for your prompt and detailed response and update. I'll await these releases with interest.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

What's wrong with 4K HDR anyway?

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Hi any update when at least standard 4k is available on ps5 ? I’m deciding whether to continue my subscription or not. 

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

@DarrenDev Hi Darren, any updates on the progress of this?

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution
Unfortunately the BT Sport development teams were all disbanded last month and moved on to other work. The only updates to BT Sport apps on all platforms will now just be for essential fixes.
Also, the company that provides the player we use on PlayStation devices decided to go into liquidation in December, following the sudden death of their CEO. They didn't get to fix all the issues we had with it before this happened.
The only chance of Ultimate coming to PlayStation 5 will be if Discovery+ choose to offer it when they take over in summer - we don't yet know what their plans are.

Unfortunate timing all round.

Sorry that I couldn't bring better news.
0 Ratings
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

Fortunately I have a PS4 Pro and PS5 in the house, and was searching here to find out if I can view BT Sport on them. So is the conclusion of the above thread that on PS5 you cannot use the enhanced BT Sport player (which I presume means watching BT Sport Ultimate?), but you can on PS4 Pro, or am I reading incorrectly? Thanks!

0 Ratings