cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pinkdino
Message 1 of 10

Please HELP - BT Business user - Want Sky to access BT Sports

Hi ,

I have been backwards and forwards to the wonderful, yet seemingly confused BT call centre in regards to my issue, which has not been resolved.

I live in a house in which the owner receives BT Business broadband.

I quote from my support email (apologies, the spelling is not mine !) - 25/07/2013 "Bt vision is not availale on business broadband But if you sky you will be able to order BT Sports on Sky,Please contact BT sport Sales Team on 0800 800 801"

OK, so I rang the callcentre - "Do you have BT products ?"

"Yes I have Business Broadband. I have checked and your support email stated said I can not have the service for free."

This went backwards and forwards for about ten minutes, and we couldn't get any understanding between ourselves.

BT Sport website packages state - "New to BT" ie, we'll give you broadband + TV free = I HAVE BT BUSINESS BROADBAND or "Have BT already" - which I have been told is incompatible due to BT BUSINESS BROADBAND use.

Please HELP (quite urgent as the Womens football kicks off again in under 2 weeks)

pinky

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
geo1986
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Please HELP - BT Business user - Want Sky to access BT Sports

Sorry I cannot understand your message.  Can you clarify what happened in the conversation with the call centre?

I cannot understand what you mean about the BT website either.  I thought you couldnt get BT Sport through BT Business broadband (I could be wrong).

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 3 of 10

@Pinkdino wrote:

Hi ,

I have been backwards and forwards to the wonderful, yet seemingly confused BT call centre in regards to my issue, which has not been resolved.

I live in a house in which the owner receives BT Business broadband.

I quote from my support email (apologies, the spelling is not mine !) - 25/07/2013 "Bt vision is not availale on business broadband But if you sky you will be able to order BT Sports on Sky,Please contact BT sport Sales Team on 0800 800 801"

OK, so I rang the callcentre - "Do you have BT products ?"

"Yes I have Business Broadband. I have checked and your support email stated said I can not have the service for free."

This went backwards and forwards for about ten minutes, and we couldn't get any understanding between ourselves.

BT Sport website packages state - "New to BT" ie, we'll give you broadband + TV free = I HAVE BT BUSINESS BROADBAND or "Have BT already" - which I have been told is incompatible due to BT BUSINESS BROADBAND use.

Please HELP (quite urgent as the Womens football kicks off again in under 2 weeks)

pinky

It's only free for residential customers. If you have business broadband you won't get the channels for free. 

0 Ratings
Pinkdino
Message 4 of 10

That's very helpful. As my original statement said "Bt vision is not availale on business broadband"

All I want to know is : how do I buy the BT Sport on my Sky WITHOUT buying a broadband package ?

and : how much does it cost ?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 5 of 10

Then its £12 pm and a one off £15 activation http://www.bt.com/sport/3-ways-to-watch-bt-sport.html

Your original post was not clear what you were asking.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 6 of 10

@Pinkdino wrote:

That's very helpful. As my original statement said "Bt vision is not availale on business broadband"

All I want to know is : how do I buy the BT Sport on my Sky WITHOUT buying a broadband package ?

and : how much does it cost ?

As someone else said, your message wasn't very clear so people gave you the help they thought you wanted.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 10

I believe this will be the specific form you'll need to fill out to get it added to your Sky package.

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pinkdino
Message 8 of 10

Thanks very much.

What is the activation cost all about ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

this thread is just further down  http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/quot-One-off-15-activation-fee-quot/td-p/932508

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

@Pinkdino wrote:

Thanks very much.

What is the activation cost all about ?

The channel is encrypted.  BT have to contact Sky to get the channel added to your decoder card.  That's what the charge is for.

0 Ratings