Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleEm
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Poor Sound Quality

Hi

Has anyone else noticed the poor quality sound of inter-match commentary on BT Football games? It's muffled and indistinct. I'm viewing via the SKY platform and have to turn the sound right up while the match is on and then turn it back down for the studio commentary. If I switch over to another SKY channel the sound is booming so I think the problem lies with BT Outside Broadcast.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Poor Sound Quality

Welcome to the forum. I've not noticed that, but will be having another listen in about 45mins. It sounds like a feature ITV could use when Andy Townsend's on.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

A month late seeing this thread I know, but the Man Utd vs Cambridge commentary sound quality is simply awful.
Using my relatively high quality sound system it sounds very low quality. Harsh, lacking any bass tones and is almost painful to listen to. It is similar to listening to the commentary on the end of a phone line.
It's not the first time either. A lot of the matches have had a similar issue, but this sounds like the worst effort so far to my ears.
Studio or standing by the side of the pitch because they can't afford a studio content sounds fine. It is just the commentary.
Not good enough BT, not good enough by a long long way.
0 Ratings
Andrew600
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

To balance my last post, watching the early minutes of Spurs vs Arsenal at the moment.
Much, much better. The commentary sounds just as good as the pitch side discussion. I will have no complaints at all if all the matches are like this.
Keep it up....please!
0 Ratings
Invincible1
Message 5 of 5

I have poor sound quality on the 4k sports channel. You can barely hear any chants from the crowd on a football game. It is awful
0 Ratings