cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Prime Video Pixelation on BT TV 4K playback

Hi, I have a query regarding the 'Amazon Prime' App  on my new BT 4K TV box.  I frequently watch both Now TV and the Amazon Prime Video in the evenings, via the built in App on the BT box. Whilst playback of Now TV films is fine - the Prime Video playback often produces annoying pixelating of the picture.  This only happens with Amazon Prime.  (I have a good connection speed of 67 and above Mbps), I hope you can advise on how I could fix this pixelating? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Prime Video Pixelation on BT TV 4K playback

Is this when streaming Amazon Prime Video  4K UHD Content or are you experiencing it on streaming HD Content ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have been watching the series called Apparitions. It does not say it is an HD or UHD program. I also have not purchased the HD/UHD add-on, so presume it is standard definition? There is no way of finding it from within the Prime App on the BT 4K box? I hope this helps?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

that seems to be an SD series  on Amazon Prime 

If you play an Hd or 4K UHD program if you press the Ok button on remote whilst playing  it will show HD or Ultra HD under the time bar.

Amazon Prime Video subscription includes the HD ,4K UHD and HDR  Prime content if your broadband speed and device supports it. So the BT T4000 is suitable for HD and 4K UHD 

(Tip to find UHD content  is to use Search  for UHD )

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi,  I pressed the 'OK' button whilst the program was playing.  It did not show HD or UHD/4K.  So I think you are right, it is playing an SD program.   So I guess it cannot be bandwidth as NOW TV programs do not show pixilation?  I am stumped?

0 Ratings