cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jclements
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Problem getting viewing card for freeview vision+ box

When I resigned to a BT broadband contract a couple of months ago I was told that I'd be able to get BT sport via freeview with a £10 viewing card and that someone would contact me when they were available.  I've also phoned up a couple of times in the last week but can't seem to get anyone on the phone to be able to get a viewing card sent out, I keep getting palmed off with them taking my details and saying someone will call me back to get one sent out.  Getting a bit annoyed with this now.  I've tried to order it online but it doesn't seem to let me.  I have the channels on freeview but obviously it says I need a viewing card.

Is there anyone else I could contact that could help with this?  Getting very bit frustrated at the poor BT customer service at what should be a simple 

thanks

James

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
jclements
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problem getting viewing card for freeview vision+ box

Determined to get through to someone to sort this out today.  The Sales dept answered straight away but couldn't get a card sent out to me, they had to transfer me onto another dept.  55 minutes later I'm still waiting to get through to someone!  Absolutely ridiculous!

Getting more and more annoyed at this.  All I want is a **bleep**ing viewing card, can't be that hard surely!

0 Ratings
Vlamb99
Message 3 of 7

Hi james I just want to let you know your not on your own. I'm not with bt my self but a friend of mine was told the same, she phoned to make sure her card was dew to arrive in time for the first then on the first another phone call, there was no order. Card ordered again it will arrive on the 3rd shock no card, another phone call oh sorry it will be there on Monday 5th. 20 mins after her phone call on sat 3rd she gets a phone call from bt saying, hi my name is ......... (We will keep that quiet for now ) I have personally seen to your order and I can assure you it will be with you in 2-5 days. 40 mins after that gets a text, bt your kit will arrive by 6pm Monday. Guess what no card... She tried to track the order and it comes up not found...... 4pm Monday phone call to bt post man been and was told it could be by courier will be there by 6pm, you know what's coming next... No card... And I should not forget the other text she got on Monday say BT SPORT WILL BE READY TO VIEW IN 15 MINS ha ha...Tuesday the 6th phoned complaints and was told card would come today, postman had no card. phoned bt they were running a day late the card will be with you today, yet another phone call they said we are having a few teething problems you can track the order it will be with you in a few days, still can't track it and we will see what happens on Thursday... Good luck with your order ...
0 Ratings
jclements
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I managed to get someone who finally put the order through.  The card is due to arrive today supposedly, but she also assigned an update to my vision box as it was below the required version.  The update will take 7 days to go through, so even if I get my card today I am unlikely to be able to start watching before the 13th!  All that took 1hour 10 minutes on the phone to sort out and being bounced about various depts.

Bit of a joke!!!  If they're serious about challenging sky with sport they need to make sure they get the basics right.  If I was having to pay, this nonsense would quickly drive me to sky!

Good luck with your card too!

0 Ratings
davese
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi I have all the same problems you've mentioned re trying to get a viewing card. After 8 phone calls at c. 55 minutes each I got someone to order a card, which should have been delivered today via the postman, you've guessed it, it hasn't arrived. So fed up with BT I'm now going to cancel BB, Phone line, BT Vision and go with the competition when contract expires in 11 months,
As an ex employee of 36 years in BT I haven't come to this decision lightly, however enough is enough BT are rubbish and don't have the processes or indeed staff to be able to run a business.
0 Ratings
Vlamb99
Message 6 of 7

Well still no viewing card so far.... Lets see what happens by the end of the day. Oh and My friend has been told her right to change my mind has expired and considering she only signed up for the sport and has had nothing it's a bit s... I on the other hand, will be sticking to sky....
0 Ratings
Vlamb99
Message 7 of 7

Party time viewing card has arrived and after about 30 mins its working... There is a light at the end of the tunnel....
0 Ratings