cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Problem watching BT sport - VC547

Having a problem watching BT Sport through the BT Sport App on my Ipad.

This can be when trying to watch Live Channels through to Editors Choice/Top Events/Catch Up/ and Best Of  Sections

like Rugby Union, MotoGP and More sport.

A box comes up saying :Sorry - there's a problem

We are having a problem playing this content . Please check you're connected to the internet and restart the app on your device.If that doesn't work, please visit BT Sport Help: bt.com/help/home/sport (VC547)

Visiting the site did not help. Is anybody else have the same issue, is there a current known problem ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DavidM
Message 2 of 11

Re: Problem watching BT sport - VC547

Hi @Buster47 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're not able to watch the Sports App. Have you tried closing and restarting the app using the enhanced player? Can you try that and let me know if it helps.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 3 of 11

It's a known problem as of about 5 hours ago I'm afraid @Buster47 .  We have a fix, and aim to release it on Monday 24th after we've thoroughly tested it.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit: the known issue only affects video clips, not the live channels. If you're finding that the live channels are also failing then that usually implies an issue with your internet connection.

0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi David, there was the same problem over the W/end 9th Aug. I was told it was going to be fixed within 24hrs and it was fixed for a while. I have since deleted the app, closed down the iPad and then reinstalled the app but this W/end trying to enjoy the rugby it all went wrong again.The enhanced player works ok when watching on the iPad but we cast to the tv using chromecast.we are now not able to do that. It goes through the motions then just before you expect to see it on the tv screen you get the  “Sorry there is a problem “ box with VC551. After following the instructions you get a second “ Sorry there is a problem “ box with VC552.

we tried with two different iPads and had the same problem. In the end I had to use a MacBookPro and cast to the tv but it is not as good as using the app.

Is there a known casting problem with the BT Sport app now ?

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 5 of 11

@Buster47 VC551 means the Chromecast failed to connect properly, or is still trying to connect. VC552 means that the Chromecast tried to start the video, but it failed for an unspecified reason.

Sounds like your WiFi network is really struggling. I would suggest rebooting all of your equipment - router, any wifi extenders, powerline adapters, etc.
0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Hi Darren, thank you for the explanation of the error codes and I will go ahead with the rebooting of the equipment.

When I reloaded the app last weekend I was able to cast ok to watch a rugby match but then had to change to another channel to watch the next one and that is when it stopped casting again. I do not have a problem if I cast from Channel 4 or ITV Hub on the iPad or cast from MacBookPro to watch BT Sport online.

I was using the online chat help facility on Sunday the 9th when I was told there was on ongoing fault (VC547) that would be fixed within 24hrs. During the conversation I mentioned that at peak times (wet sat. afternoon/ evening) I can occasionally get buffering. There is fibre from the local exchange (Ferndown) to a box in the village (West Moors) and we are about 800m from the box but then it’s copper cable. As we have just renewed our BT Contract to Fibre 2 and are long time customers I am being sent a smart hub but at the moment it is still awaiting despatch.

I will let you know what happens after the rebooting 

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 7 of 11

VC547 basically just means we can't get to the content, and there's a known issue on iOS 12 or lower that some content is currently inaccessible. The fix for that should hopefully be out there by Monday at the latest. That error can also occur if there are any issues with network connectivity, which your other Chromecast issues also suggest is happening.

The good news is that updating to a Smart Hub means you'll be getting the best possible hub we have - it should arrive within 48 hours of being requested.

If you search the App/Play Store for "Chromecast speed test" you'll find apps that can test the broadband speed that your Chromecast is capable of using (thus measuring both broadband speed and wifi signal). I'd recommend running it both now, and after the new hub is installed to see if it helps. Also run it again if you're having issues with casting, to check if there's any local issue.

0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Goods news and Bad news today.

Rebooted Hub, Hotspot 600 kit, downloaded iOS 13.6.1 onto iPad, downloaded BTSport app. At this point things are looking good. I was unable to find the App/Play store for “Chromecast speed test”Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place ! Can you send a link ?

Contacted repairs to chase the smart hub ordered on the 9th. Spoke to a very nice lady in Newcastle who has changed the order to a smart hub 2 and should be with me on Friday.
Opened up The sport app to see what was going on and to my surprise those items that I could not play now seem to be ok.

I tap on the cast icon, select living room, the tv screen shows BT Sport logo and ready to cast. I select live channel or replay but everything has frozen and no selection can be made. If I play a programme and then select the cast icon it will jump back to the home page.

At one point after I tapped the icon I got a grey screen saying “Watch on Chromecast” with three white jumping circles. “ Cast your favourite sports direct to your tv. Tap the Chromecast icon in the top right corner to get started”There was a white strip at the bottom of the page with ok in the middle but when tapped nothing happens. The only way I can get out of the page was to press the home button and tap the sport icon to select BT Sport 1,2 or 3

Do you think there is anyway I will be able to cast BT Sport to the tv.

There is no problem casting Channel 4, ITV Hub etc

0 Ratings
DarrenDev
BT Sport Expert
Message 9 of 11

Sorry, you're right @Buster47  - I had assumed there would be a Chromecast speed test app in the Apple App Store, however there isn't.  It's only available on Android - I assume you don't have an Android device you could test with?

Unfortunately there's very little that we can do with Chromecast.  We tell it to play the video, and it either does or it doesn't.  Failures are generally related to poor wifi signal, but you say that other apps work OK so that confuses me.  I can only suggest that you see if the Smart Hub 2 improves the situation.

The "Watch on Chromecast" message should only appear once, the first time a Chromecast device is detected. The fact that you again see an issue when tapping to get rid of that message is concerning - it should just clear the message.

It sounds like nothing is working properly for you, and I haven't really been able to help.  The only other suggestion I can make at this point is to factory reset your iPhone and Chromecast, but I can understand why that wouldn't be desirable.

0 Ratings
Buster47
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

No I don’t have an android device am using iPad 6th generation and I thought that by downloading the latest iOS version would help, the iPad is definitely working better.

Lets hope the smart hub 2 does the trick, I will let you know

0 Ratings